The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS2020 CTD after installing fsuipc

ToxicGaming

You log indicates that it is MSFS that crashed. I can't see your images that well (a description always better), but you have a red crash error BEFORE the FSUIPC fault report (not crash) which O [resume is MSFS. When MSFS crashes, it can also cause an exception (not crash) in FSUIPC. As you have the option 'Exit with FS' selected, when MSFS crashes, FSUIPC7 will also exit, as you could see if you looked at the log you posted:

1830141 MSFS no longer running - exiting
  1830141 === Hot key unregistered
  1830141 === Stop called ...
  1830141 === Closing external processes we started ...
  1830641 === About to kill any Lua plug-ins still running ...
  1831547 === About to kill my timers ...
  1831547 === Restoring window procs ...
  1831547 === Unloading libraries ...
  1831547 === stopping other threads ...
  1831547 === ... Button scanning ...
  1831641 === ... Axis scanning ...
  1831750 === Releasing joystick devices ...
  1831750 === Freeing macro memory
  1831750 === Removing any offset overrides
  1831750 === Clearing any displays left
  1831750 === Calling SimConnect_Close ...
  1831844 === SimConnect_Close done!
  1831844 === AI slots deleted!
  1831844 === Freeing button memory ...
  1831844 === Closing my Windows ...
  1831844 === Freeing FS libraries ...
  1832844 === Closing devices ...
  1832844 === Closing the Log ... Bye Bye! ...
  1832844 System time = 18/05/2021 00:06:10
  1832844 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Minimum frame rate was 19.0 fps, Maximum was 60.1 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 1685 secs = 38.2 fps
Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 1 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

That log shows FSUIPC exiting normally due to MSFS not being available.

Any MSFS crashes should be reported to Asobo via their forums, with the crash event included + crash dump files if available.

OMG if msfs cause the crash so what should i look for to solve the problem... cause msfs official discord stat that fsuipc is causing the crash

i will upload the event viewer on my windows in text for you sir

Edited by ToxicGaming

Faulting application name: FSUIPC7.exe, version: 7.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x6096a670
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.964, time stamp: 0xbd2c3c23
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000063416
Faulting process id: 0x39b8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d74bab7dca038d
Faulting application path: D:\MSFS Additional Mods\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 60e070ab-9611-4c18-b637-cf2b54ee5097
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Version>0</Version>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-05-18T07:27:09.3876034Z" />
  <EventRecordID>5316</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>DESKTOP-ILAL28E</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>FSUIPC7.exe</Data>
  <Data>7.1.0.0</Data>
  <Data>6096a670</Data>
  <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
  <Data>10.0.19041.964</Data>
  <Data>bd2c3c23</Data>
  <Data>c000041d</Data>
  <Data>0000000000063416</Data>
  <Data>39b8</Data>
  <Data>01d74bab7dca038d</Data>
  <Data>D:\MSFS Additional Mods\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Data>
  <Data>C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
  <Data>60e070ab-9611-4c18-b637-cf2b54ee5097</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  </EventData>
  </Event>

This is the event viewer general and details part

38 minutes ago, ToxicGaming said:
This is the event viewer general and details part

yes, as I said, when MSFS crashes, it will cause a fault in FSUIPC. Please read my previous comment.

2 hours ago, ToxicGaming said:

cause msfs official discord stat that fsuipc is causing the crash

Where/what is the MSFS discord server? FSUIPC7 is a separate process, an executable. In no way should a separate process be able to cause MSFS to crash. The fault is in MSFS.

31 minutes ago, ToxicGaming said:

I join this discord https://discord.gg/XpnN6xYc5w

Ah, ok. Didn't know about that one. I'm on the MobiFlight discord channels. I can't seem to join that one - I can only select xbox to identify, and it crashes just after signing in to my account (although I have given permissions for AlpDentifier to access my MS account).

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot access that link. Please describe your issue.

But please, if this is the same issue you thought you had before (i.e. FSUIPC crashing MSFS), then please check your FSUIPC7.log and make sue that it is not MSFS crashing and FSUIPC7 exiting normally. When MSFS crashes, this will generate faults in FSUIPC7 reported in the event viewer, but this is due to MSFS crashing, not FSUIPC7.
and to verify this, turn of the option 'Exit with FS'. With that turned iff, FSUIPC7 will keep running when MSFS crashes.

previously game crash ctd issue been solve until the latest msfs update.. after i update msfs i play the game as usual open fsuipc and self loading cargo then my game crash...
so i eliminate thing one by one until the end i run msfs only without fsuipc and self loading cargo the game work fine no CTD issue... been tested for 3days.. until yesterday is the 4th day i run msfs with fsuipc and self loading cargo... game started CTD again.. so i think it is not msfs problem is either fsuipc or self loading cargo....

so i went to my event viewer and i am surprise i having error stating fsuipc and self loading cargo.. google drive link i given above you should able to be access ( of course unless you dont have the time to open it ) cause it is not password locked file... and sorry to say that i cant describe my issue as there is to many error in my event viewer mostly stating self loading cargo app there is only 2 or 3 fsuipc error stating in my event viewer so before i come to you i go to fpv steve (self loading cargo dev )... after a few discussion fpvsteve ask me to find you (fsuipc dev)...

google drive link above i tried myself it can be accessable so i hope you really take a bit of you time to look into it thanks... and i will also attach the file in this post i hope you wont tell me files or link cant be access... thanks in advance

SLC error.evtx

20 minutes ago, ToxicGaming said:

google drive link i given above you should able to be access ( of course unless you dont have the time to open it ) cause it is not password locked file...

I cannot access that link - it says 'You Need Access', with a button to request access. However, any information you have there you should be able to attach here. If its large, just zip it up.

And please show me your FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.ini files.

21 minutes ago, ToxicGaming said:

one more thing previously when launching fsuipc it wont launch the msfs game but yesterday suddenly when i launch fsuipc msfs also launch together with it...

But it is MSFS that launches FSUIPC7, not the other way around. Unless you are using  a very old version, in which case you should update.
The MSFS icon that the FSUIPC7 installer creates in your desktop just displays a splash screen while MSFS is starting. MSFS then starts FSUIP7 via the EXE.xml file.

previously yes fsuipc wont launch the msfs.. but yesterday i am surprise fsuipc can launch the game itself... and i having the latest version i also did a redownload and resinstallation for fsuipc and self loading cargo... but fsuipc still the same after reinstalling ( will launch msfs once i double click on fsuipc )

fsuipc version is on the 7th may 2021 if i not mistaken right

the event viewer file i already attach.. fsuipc log i can provide the one with _prev cause after i contact you in this forum i eventually did a msfs game clean installation... and now i am still downloading... fsuipc been trigger will i am downloading the game... but the time shown in the _prev doc is the last crash log file

FSUIPC7_prev.log FSUIPC7.ini

Edited by ToxicGaming
sending wrong file

12 minutes ago, ToxicGaming said:

but yesterday i am surprise fsuipc can launch the game itself... and i having the latest version i also did a redownload and resinstallation for fsuipc and self loading cargo... but fsuipc still the same after reinstalling ( will launch msfs once i double click on fsuipc )

Sorry, but this doesn't make sense. As I have said, FSUIPC DOES NOT LAUNCH MSFS.  How are you launching FSUIPC7? To start FSUIPC7, you just double-click the FSUIPC7.exe. If you are using the MSFS icon that the FSUIPC7 installer creates on your desktop, this displays a splash screen and starts MSFS. It does not start FSUIPC7. FSUIPC7 is started by MSFS, via the EXE.xml file.

The log file attached shows FSUIPC7 exiting normally as MSFS was no longer available:

44406 -------------------- Starting everything now ----------------------
   156047 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 138 secs = 81.1 fps
   156047 -------------------------------------------------------------------
   158109 MSFS no longer running - exiting
   158109 Stopped: "C:\MSFS Additional Mods\FSUIPC7\\Utils\FSUIPCWebSocketServer.exe"

Which also shows that you have the 'Exit with FS' option selected.

If you still think this is an issue with FSUIPC7, please show me the log file from when FSUIPC7 crashes.

4 minutes ago, ToxicGaming said:

fsuipc option setting

For your settings, I look at your FSUIPC7.ini file. The one you attached does show 'Exit with FS' is not selected, but that doesn't match with the log file you attached.
Are you sure that you didn't set this option after that log file was generated? I guess there could be something wrong in the unregistered version but that would surprise me - I will check.

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:

Sorry, but this doesn't make sense. As I have said, FSUIPC DOES NOT LAUNCH MSFS.  How are you launching FSUIPC7? To start FSUIPC7, you just double-click the FSUIPC7.exe. If you are using the MSFS icon that the FSUIPC7 installer creates on your desktop, this displays a splash screen and starts MSFS. It does not start FSUIPC7. FSUIPC7 is started by MSFS, via the EXE.xml file.

The log file attached shows FSUIPC7 exiting normally as MSFS was no longer available:

Which also shows that you have the 'Exit with FS' option selected.

If you still think this is an issue with FSUIPC7, please show me the log file from when FSUIPC7 crashes.

i dont know cause from what i see in event viewer fsuipc error come after self loading cargo error so ctd should be cause by slc but fpvsteve say slc wont cause any ctd problem try contact fsuipc dev that why i contacted you...

sorry to say like this i been passed here and there like a ball...i find msfs community support they ask to find zendesk / fsuipc dev / slc dev...
i find zendesk that say my system is ok shouldnt have any problem i told them ctd problem still occured zendesk support keep repeating the same troubleshooting step
when i contact slc dev he reply what i mention above... stating ctd nothing to do with his slc..
and then i contacted you and you telling me fsuipc is working normally...
so eventually this ctd issue didnt cause by fsuipc / slc or msfs cause by my hardware???

but i can run the game smoothly without fsuipc or slc running... that is weird if stating that the problem is from msfs right??

normally i double click msfs first once msfs is in i will click on fsuipc and the last is slc..
but yesterday all the suddenly after i launch msfs... when i click on fsuipc, fsuipc come one a screen stating please wait preparing cabin something like that then it try to launch my msfs but came out error message stating game is running ( this i understand cause i already launch my game )
it is different from before the update... and yes before the recent msfs update i double click the fsuipc icon on my desktop my screen will only flashes

Ah, I forgot one thing about the 'Exit with FS' option. If/when FSUIPC7 is automatically started by MSFS, then the 'Exit with FS' option is automatically checked (and the 'Exit with FS' menu option removed). This is necessary as otherwise MSFS will not close down correctly with FSUIPC7 still running.

4 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

For your settings, I look at your FSUIPC7.ini file. The one you attached does show 'Exit with FS' is not selected, but that doesn't match with the log file you attached.
Are you sure that you didn't set this option after that log file was generated? I guess there could be something wrong in the unregistered version but that would surprise me - I will check.

for the fsuipc setting i will recomfirm again cause i am a bit confusing now cause something the option "exit with fs" will disappear

Ah, I forgot one thing about the 'Exit with FS' option. If/when FSUIPC7 is automatically started by MSFS, then the 'Exit with FS' option is automatically checked (and the 'Exit with FS' menu option removed). This is necessary as otherwise MSFS will not close down correctly with FSUIPC7 still running.

ha that why.... hahah but once again i will recheck fsuipc setting once my downloading is finish
cause is more easier to check by only launching fsuipc without the game

If you run FSUIPC7 before you start MSFS, you can disable that option. MSFS will also try to start FSUIPC7 (if configured to do so), but that attempt will fail and you may get an error, but you can just ignore that.
Let me know how it goes once you have updated/re-installed.

If you run FSUIPC7 before you start MSFS, you can disable that option. MSFS will also try to start FSUIPC7 (if configured to do so), but that attempt will fail and you may get an error, but you can just ignore that.
Let me know how it goes once you have updated/re-installed.

sure i really hope you can help me out... until the end if still ctd and you have out of ideal i will find back fpvsteve,,, but i think that would be hard... cause everytime i seek help from him i will get the same message replied

2 minutes ago, ToxicGaming said:

sure i really hope you can help me out...

If it is FSUIPC7 that is crashing, I will look into it. However, I suspect not. If FSUPC7 is the culprit, there will be a crash event in the logs (NOT a fault event), and there shouldn't be any other events from MSFS or SLC, and the FSUIPC7.log file will show that it did not exit properly. I need to see this log file to see if it did crash and if so what it was doing at the time (may need extra logging added). Onve it is confirmed that it is FSUIPC7 that is crashing, we can proceed from there.

However, it has been reported many times that FSUIPC7 is causing MSFS to CTD, and in each case I have so far investigated the problem has been else where.