The simFlight Network Forums

Issues with Saitek X52 & Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant due FSUIPC?

For many years I run my simulators with both Saitek X52 (axis assignments as elevators and ailerons & throttle) and CH Quadrant (axis assignments as prop, mixture & reversers => this one with a huge help from Pete/John Dowson)

Recently bought Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant and => things got messy.

1) even after unchecking Saitek throttle axis Honeycomb BT seemed "crazy" => using Levers 1 & 2 (throttle 1-2 or throttle 1/prop 1) moving Lever 2 had no effect in Lever 1 BUT EVERY TIME moving Lever 1 up/down caused Lever 2 to work opposite way

2) Bert Laverman from Aerosoft's Forum for Honeycomb gave me I LOT of HELP and told me to get FSUIPC6.ini  and wrote that Saitek was still there and maybe this was the issue.

My Honeycomb Alpha Yoke just arrived but before unplugging Saitek X52 I need your help here:

Do I need to make any changes in FSUIPC6.ini?

This is my FSUIPC6.ini today 5/21/2021 0905am Zulu and didn't plug  Honeycomb Alpha Yoke or unplugged Saitek X52 yet not wanting to make things worse.

Tks

FSUIPC6.ini

You posted in the User Contributions section, where it explicitly states NOT for support requests. I have moved your post to the correct support forum.

You are also using an old unsupported version of FSUIPC6. Please update to the latest supported version, v6.1.1. This will also give you firect access to the buttons on the Alpha and Bravo that are outside of the 32 button limit.

Also, please activate the "Joyletters" facility. This will assign letters to your devices and make your assignments more resilient to device id changes. Yo do this, just change the following ini parameter in your [JoyNames] section from No to Yes, and then run FSUIPC6/P3d at least once:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=Yes

This is described in the User Guide, P22.

Also check that you have no assignments in P3D (or better, disable controllers in P3D), and if assigning in FSUIPC6, make sure that you haven't installed any of the Honeycomb drivers or software.

One you have done that, try  calibrating your throttles. The FSUIPC6.ini you posted shows only 4 throttle axis assignments, assigned 'Direct to FSUIPC calibration', but you haven't calibrated. If you assign to FSUIPC calibration then you MUST calibrate. Please see the FSUIPC User manual, the section entitled 'The Easy Step-by-Step Way to Calibrate Your Controls' on P42.

37 minutes ago, Eduardo P said:

Do I need to make any changes in FSUIPC6.ini?

Yes - change to use JoyLetters, as advised.

Note that you can also continue to use your Saitek X52 if you like, it shouldn't be a problem. I currently have my Alpha/Bravo connected to my development machine, where I also have an X-55 throttle and stick ()as well as quite a few other devices, used for development/testing).

After doing all that, if you still have issues, please show me your latest FSUIPC6.ini file as well as your FSUIPC6.log file - it helps to see them both together. Also, if it is axis that you are having problems with, you should activate logging for Axes Controls before you generate a log to attach, so I can see what is going on.

Sorry for posting it in wrong place.

1) by not installing any Honeycomb drivers & software are you referring to ConfigTool?

2) with Bravo Throttle there are 6 axis which would be L1->spoilers / L2-5->throttles / L6->flaps in a 4eng jet and variations of these for single & twin engine and 2eng jet

How should I calibrate them?

I understand that FSUIPC profiles can be created accordingly to work as a single eng / twin eng / 2eng jet / 4 eng jet (hope this is it)

Unplugged Saitek, plugged Alpha Yoke then updated FSUIPC to 6.1.1 and this is my FSUIPC6.ini (didn't make any change and just verified that all axis where working in P3D)

Tks for helping

FSUIPC6.ini

48 minutes ago, Eduardo P said:

1) by not installing any Honeycomb drivers & software are you referring to ConfigTool?

That and anything else - did you install ANYTHING from honeycomb with your Alpha/Bravo? If so, remove for the time being.

50 minutes ago, Eduardo P said:

How should I calibrate them?

Have you looked at the User guide? We provide extensive documentation so that we don't have to answer such questions. Please read the documentation, try things out, and report back IF you have issues. And I have already told you where to start:

8 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Please see the FSUIPC User manual, the section entitled 'The Easy Step-by-Step Way to Calibrate Your Controls' on P42.

52 minutes ago, Eduardo P said:

I understand that FSUIPC profiles can be created accordingly to work as a single eng / twin eng / 2eng jet / 4 eng jet (hope this is it)

Yes, but you aren't using profiles. Why don't you actually try to create a profile and start assigning to it?

53 minutes ago, Eduardo P said:

Unplugged Saitek, plugged Alpha Yoke then updated FSUIPC to 6.1.1 and this is my FSUIPC6.ini (didn't make any change and just verified that all axis where working in P3D)

But if they are working in P3D and you havbe no assignments in FSUIPC (except for throttle 1-4) then you must have them assigned elsewhere, either in P3D or in the Honeycomb config tool. You really need to decide where you want to assign. If you want to assign in FSUIPC, we recommend disabling controllers in P3D, and you should not use the Honeycomb configurator or any other software from honeycomb, at least initially when wetting things up.

And, as I have already said, if you have any issues, I need to also see your FSUIPC6.log file, with relevant logging added showing your issue.

But I would advise you to start by at least reviewing the User Guide.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Eduardo P said:

Just to clarify me => Disable all Honeycomb BT axis in P3D4, including SPOILERS (lever 1) and FLAPS (lever 6)? 

if assigning in FSUIPC, better to disable controllers completely in P3D. Your log shows that you still have controllers activated:

344 Controllers are set to ON, using RawInput within P3D

Is there any way to deal with these conflicting issues between Lever 1 and Lever 4 (moving opposite ways in my simulator)? Like deactivating all axis assignments and begin assigning them all over again? Is it possible that a registry entry not deleted (like Saitek software) even though harware was removed could be giving "conflicting orders" to P3D? And if so where should I find these entries?

Does FSUIPC6.ini work as a "printscreen" of what's happening with P3D?

To my newbie experience it was just an act of plugging or unplugging a harware from its USB port and everything worked just as it should but with these issues brought in this topic I verified that it's far from this.

Sorry about giving you so much trouble with questions that may be dumb for experts but newbie like me are just begining to understand how things work within simulator

2 minutes ago, Eduardo P said:

Is there any way to deal with these conflicting issues between Lever 1 and Lever 4 (moving opposite ways in my simulator)?

Yes, you need to calibrate them - if they are moving in the opposite direction, then check the Rev checkbox.

3 minutes ago, Eduardo P said:

Like deactivating all axis assignments and begin assigning them all over again?

As I said, you should just disable all controllers in P3D if assigning in FSUIPC. This will prevent dual assignments. And also don't use/run the honeycomb configurator as this will also assign your axes/buttons. To start again assigning in FSUIPC, just delete your FSUIPC7.ini and a new (empty) one will be created and you can start again.

To assign and calibrate in FSUIPC, please see the section The Easy Step-by-Step Way to Calibrate Your Controls on P37 if the User Guide.

7 minutes ago, Eduardo P said:

Does FSUIPC6.ini work as a "printscreen" of what's happening with P3D?

Sorry, I don't know what this means.

9 minutes ago, Eduardo P said:

To my newbie experience it was just an act of plugging or unplugging a harware from its USB port and everything worked just as it should but with these issues brought in this topic I verified that it's far from this.

This is not the way FSUIPC works. FSUIPC will do nothing until you tell it to, i.e. you have to assign each of your buttons/axes to the functions required.
 There are a few things in your ini that need adjusting. Without FSUIPC7 running, you shhould delete the entire contents of your [General] section and let that get rebuilt.
Also change this (in your [JoyNames] section:
    AutoAssignLetters=No
to
    AutoAssignLetters=Yes

This will prevent issues if/when your joystick ids change, such as when changing USB ports.

So, in summary:
   - disable controllers in P3D
   - unintall any honeycomb software (ir at lest make sure that it is not running)
   - make those changes to your FSUIPC7.ini as suggested
   - start MSFS/FSUIPC7, and then try and assign and calibrate your axes as described in the User guide.

For any further issues, please attach both your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files.

John

Sorry. Didn't explain myself clearly and replied.

What happens:

Lever 1 => Spoilers // Lever 3 => Throttle 1 // Lever 4 => Throttle 2

Moving just Lever 1 backward => Lever 4 moves forward 

Moving just Lever 1 forward => Lever 4 moves backward

Moving Lever 3 AND/OR 4 doesn't affect Lever 1 (it stays retracted)

3 minutes ago, Eduardo P said:

Sorry. Didn't explain myself clearly and replied.

What happens:

Lever 1 => Spoilers // Lever 3 => Throttle 1 // Lever 4 => Throttle 2

Moving just Lever 1 backward => Lever 4 moves forward 

Moving just Lever 1 forward => Lever 4 moves backward

Moving Lever 3 AND/OR 4 doesn't affect Lever 1 (it stays retracted)

Sorry, but this is just confusing. For example, when you say moving lever 1 backwards, is that lever 1 on your Bravo?
And if so, does that move your bravo lever 4 forwards? Or are you talking about in the  UI, and mean thrust lever for engine 4?

Anyway, I cannot help you if you do not show me your FSUIPC6.log and FSUIPC6.ini files. Please ALWAYS include these, especially after updating/changing.
And did you follow the instructions I gave in my last post? Have you disabled controllers in P3D?  Did you try calibrating as suggested?

1) Yes in Bravo Throttle => 2engines config => Lever 1/spoilers - Lever 3/throttle 1 - Lever 4/throttle 2 - Lever 6/flaps

2) Didn't follow your instructions just because I was trying to understand if this annoying issue (Lever 1 & Lever 4 in Bravo) had anything with my changing hardware from Saitek and CH Quadrant to Honeycomb Bravo.

3) I understand that to use FSUIPC I will need to clear all assignments inside P3D and Honeycomb ConfigTool.

FSUIPC6.log FSUIPC6.ini

1 minute ago, Eduardo P said:

3) I understand that to use FSUIPC I will need to clear all assignments inside P3D and Honeycomb ConfigTool.

As I have said several times, please just disable controllers in P3D for the time being. You still haven't done this:

297 Controllers are set to ON, using RawInput within P3D

Also, please update to the latest version, v6.1.2, which was released 5 days ago. Only the latest version is supported.

And also update your FSUIPC6.ini as suggested, i.e.

21 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Also change this (in your [JoyNames] section:
    AutoAssignLetters=No
to
    AutoAssignLetters=Yes

(you don't seem to be following ANY of my suggestions....)

Also, your ini shows that you have assigned your throttles as 'Send Direct to FSUIPC Calibration', but you have not calibrated your throttles. You MUST calibrate any axis that you assign via this method. Please read the documentation - the section I previously mentioned.

As you only have assignments to the 4 throttle axis, anything else you are seeing MUST be coming from an assignment else where, either from P3D or the Honeycomb configurator, which is why I am asking you to disable controllers and stop (or uninstall for now) the honeycomb software.
Enabling logging for Axes Controls will also show you the axes controls being sent, but best to remove the known culprits for this sort of behaviour (i.e. assigned in multiple places) before we look at this any further.