The simFlight Network Forums

Axis movement from Throttle/Prop/Mixture to Sim with FSUIPC not so fluid as with axis are setup in MSFS only

Martin99

I'm very satisfied with FSUIPC. It helps to make my several hardware components quickly setup in MSFS. Only one thing is a little bit strange. If I setup the Axis (Throttle, Prop or Mixture) in MSFS only (without FSUIPC) the movement of my TQ-6 is very smooth in the Sim. If I setup the axis with FSUIPC I can see the axis in the sim is moving in very little steps. This also effects the gauges (Prop Speed). I tried to setup the axis with "Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration" and "FS as normal axis". This makes no difference. Maybe this "stuttering" of the axis is because FSUIPC sends the axis values through simconnect?

Regards,
Martin

On 5/30/2021 at 3:46 PM, Martin99 said:

If I setup the axis with FSUIPC I can see the axis in the sim is moving in very little steps.

Axis controls are only sent when changed by more than the delta value, which is by default set at 256. This should be sufficiently small enough to not notice the small increments, but if you notice this you could try reducing this delta. You can adjust this in the Axes Assignment dialog panel. Try reducing that to see if this helps.

Another thing you could try adjusting is the PollInterval (in the main [Axis] section). The default is 10ms. You could try reducing this, maybe in conjunction with adjusting the delta value, but try with just the delta adjusted first.

Hi John,

thank you. Setting the Delta Value to 1 is much better and the animation is smooth. It's interesting that this problem only occurs with my Virtual-Fly TQ-6 which use Hall-Sensors. My Saitek Rudder pedals or axis of the Saitek Throttle, which are using potentiometers, are working smooth with Delta 256.