The simFlight Network Forums

(M)CDU Display

MarkStallen

4 hours ago, MarkStallen said:

Are there offsets which contain the lines displayed in the (M)CDU

Not unless provided by the aircraft, i.e. this data is available for the PMDG airliners via the PMDG SDK (for FSX and P3D). There is no provision in the SimConnect API for such data, so I don't think this info is currently available for any MSFS a/c.

12 hours ago, MarkStallen said:

Are there offsets which contain the lines displayed in the (M)CDU

What is the exact use scenario ?
The MSFS aircraft use HTML/CSS/JS to display data, the more performant method compared to the older way GDI+, etc.
If you need display data from the MCDU, you can try outputting the MCDU trough web socket, much like a webpage.
There's web socket server bundled with FSUIPC that enables one to pass and retrieve simulator and gauge HTML events by using...that looks like the.. Polish postfix..? (John, Pete..?).
Also, I've seen a tool capable of passing complete gauge and instrument display content in its wrapper onto any device in LAN and (with a proper port forward) WAN.
I could try and find it for ya, though I don't know what exactly you are trying to accomplish.

14 hours ago, Milan Putnik said:

There's web socket server bundled with FSUIPC that enables one to pass and retrieve simulator and gauge HTML events by using...that looks like the.. Polish postfix..? (John, Pete..?).

The FSUIPC WebSocket server provides a websocket interface to the FSUIPC offsets. You can't, as far as I am aware, retrieve anything else.

• Thanks 1

Milan,

I was specific looking a the A320 FBW. You said  "you can try outputting the MCDU trough web socket" , but where and how can I find this HTML/CSS/JS data.

I've programmed a MCDU using VB6, FSUIPC and Mobiflight-events just to use it on the same PC as where MSFS is running on. For now I've to use the pop-out MCDU screen to see what my input is and I would like to control this myself so I'm free to place my MCDU where I want on my screens without opening, placing and resizing the popout.

And in case I can use the MCDU via a websocket then in the future I could use the same technique to display the ND, EICAS etc as well.

See my cockpit setup. If I have my MCDU (see concept second picture) running then it would be possible for me never have to go "inside" the virtual cockpit.

CDU.jpg

Normal.jpg

• Like 1