The simFlight Network Forums

Question about loading and saving flights and plans

I am running the latest FSUIPC, just downloaded last week (wrong computer to look for the version number).

I recently learned that one can load flights and plans from directories other directories. 

I was wondering how one saves files to these alternate directories. There doesn't seem to be a checkbox to enable that. If not, what is the value (asking seriously, not snarkily) of loading from other places.  How would the files have gotten there? I suppose I could sort them in the File Explorer. 

Thanks, 

Ed 

9 hours ago, edgreenberg said:

I was wondering how one saves files to these alternate directories. There doesn't seem to be a checkbox to enable that.

FSUIPC offers options to display these facilities in the AddOns menu:

Load a Flight
Load a Plan
Save a Flight

but there's no "Save a Plan". Unfortunately this is not an option offered in the Sim's facilities. Those three are making use of Simconnect functions. (The Save a Flight function is also used by the FSUIPC AutoSave facility).

9 hours ago, edgreenberg said:

If not, what is the value (asking seriously, not snarkily) of loading from other places.

Just a choice of where you want to store them. Perhaps you like having them categorised according to aircraft used, or areas of the world.

Pete