The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS FSUIPC7 SimMarket Purchase Questions

Webster920

Greetings,

I purchased the FSUIPC7 on June 12, 2021 from the SimMarket website.  I previously had the FSUIPC7 software but it was either a free or trial version from one of the sim download sites.  In reviewing the application documentation, I realized I needed to purchase the FSUIPC7 application since it required a wide7 server access piece (I will confess I am not sure what all that means and/or if I am saying it correctly (smile)).  I saw SimMarket was the place to purchase the application and so I made the purchase.  I received a registration code from SimMarket for the application itself but I noticed in the electronic registration form of the tool there appeared a second line for the server registration code (I believe it was for a server).  Not knowing exactly what to do, I used my application registration key for both items.  The app was registered but the server item (second item) was not registered.  My understanding was that by purchasing the FSUIPC7 app, the wide 7 server access and any other server / app access required for the tool to run completely would be included with the purchase.  SimMarket is stating I might need to buy additional items and suggested I should reach out to this forum to get my questions answered.  

Thus, I wanted to reach out and ask my question to this forum.  Am I correct that by purchasing this application alone, I now have all I need to completely use this applications and any other apps that required this application to run?  If so, wonderful and I am set, however, if this is not the case, what additional items must I buy?  If I am set, what was the second item on the electronic registration form (again I believe it was a server registration) used for and what purpose does it serve? 

I appreciate your time, help, and efforts to make the MSFS a better sim for the community.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Jim Webb

17 minutes ago, Webster920 said:

Thus, I wanted to reach out and ask my question to this forum.  Am I correct that by purchasing this application alone, I now have all I need to completely use this applications and any other apps that required this application to run?  If so, wonderful and I am set, however, if this is not the case, what additional items must I buy?  If I am set, what was the second item on the electronic registration form (again I believe it was a server registration) used for and what purpose does it serve? 

You do not need an FSUIPC7 to run/use WideFS - you need a WideFS7 license, which is a distinct license to FSUIPC.
You should not need an FSUIPC7 license to run any 3rd party programs (WideFS is NOT a 3rd party program!) - they generally only use the free/unregistered facilities of FSUIPC, although there may be some that require the registered facilities (e.g. Linda requires Lua which is a registered facility).

You do not need an FSUIPC7 license to run WideFS7, but you do need a WideFS7 license.

1 minute ago, Webster920 said:

Do you offer a bundle price for the two tools? 

I think there is a cheaper bundled price, but as WideFS7 is still with Pete, I'm not sure if this applies to FSUIPC7, which is one of my products.
I cannot see the discounts available with WideFS7. Maybe @Pete Dowson could check and confirm, and maybe add the same discount on WideFS7 for FSUIPC7 as for other FSUIPC versions, if this is possible (i.e. adding a discount from a purchase from another vendor).

okay, no worries.  I will just purchase the WideFS7.  Is this registration code the second code that was requested when registering FSUIPC7?  Is this where the application "links" to the server capability?  Sorry again for the questions.  

Just now, Webster920 said:

Is this registration code the second code that was requested when registering FSUIPC7? 

To register WideFS7, you need to re-run the FSUIPC7 installer, and enter your WideFS key in the appropriate field (labeled WideFS Key). If you have already registered your FSUIPC7 version, the other fields should be pre-populated from your current FSUIPC7.key file. Clicking the Register button  will valid both keys and update your FSUIPC7.key file.
Use the check-box if your email or address are different between the FSUIPC7 license and the WideFS license, otherwise ignore.

• 11 months later...

According to SimMarket:

If you previously purchased PETE DOWSON - FSUIPC4 at simMarket, you are entitled to the special upgrade price of EUR 24.19 incl. VAT (19.99 excl. VAT) only. 

I have purchased the FSUIPC4 bundle with WideFS at SimMarket years ago, but no special upgrade price for me. SimMarket says the reduction doesn't apply to bundles.....

Isn't that a bit strange? Why not?

2 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

I have purchased the FSUIPC4 bundle with WideFS at SimMarket years ago, but no special upgrade price for me. SimMarket says the reduction doesn't apply to bundles.....

Isn't that a bit strange? Why not?

Yes, I would have thought you would get the discount price. However, don't have any control over SimMarket's discount pricing policy, but I will see if I can add a discount if you have previously purchased FSUIPC4/5/6 in a bundle, if possible...

John

I have discussed this with SimMarket. It seems that when a bundle is purchased, this is registered in your SimMarket account as a WideFS7 purchase, but with FSUIPC4 bundled. As there is no specific FSUIPC4 purchase, there will be no discount available.

There is nothing I can do about this. I  have asked SimMarket to update the discount text to mention that the discount is not available if FSUIPC4 was purchased in a bundle.

Sorry about that.

John