The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 6 Braking

Just now, John Dowson said:

Your FSUIPC6.ini file will be in your FSUIPC6 installation folder. If you don't know where that is,  you can use the 'Open Folder' button from the FSUIPC6' logging tab.

The Lua smooth braking doesn't show up in the drop down list even after I followed the instructions.

Just now, WBarry1992 said:

The Lua smooth braking doesn't show up in the drop down list even after I followed the instructions.

If FSUIPC6 was running when you dropped in the lua file, it will need to be restarted.
If it isn't there, check your FSUIPC6.ini file - it should be listed under the [LuaFiles] section - is it there?
If not, it either has the wrong extension (it MUST be .lua) it is in the wrong place.

Please see the Advanced User Guide for details on how to auto-start luas if you are having difficulties.

4 minutes ago, WBarry1992 said:

I don't see this [LuaFiles] section.

Please attach your FSUIPC6.ini. Is your lua file in the same location/folder as your FSUIPC6.ini file? Presumably you are using a registered version of FSUIPC6, no?

Edited by John Dowson
Further questions added

2 minutes ago, WBarry1992 said:

yes

Yes what? Is your lua file in the same location as your FSUIPC6.ini file? Are you 100% sure that it has the extension .lua?
If so, it WILL be picked-up by FSUIPC and added to the [LuaFiles] section of your FSUIPC6.ini file, which you still haven't shown me.

All the information you need to get this working is readily available. If you want further help, please respond to my questions (all of them!) and provide the information I need, which at the moment is to see your FSUIPC6.ini file. Also show me your FSUIPC6.log file.

8 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Yes what? Is your lua file in the same location as your FSUIPC6.ini file? Are you 100% sure that it has the extension .lua?
If so, it WILL be picked-up by FSUIPC and added to the [LuaFiles] section of your FSUIPC6.ini file, which you still haven't shown me.

All the information you need to get this working is readily available. If you want further help, please respond to my questions (all of them!) and provide the information I need, which at the moment is to see your FSUIPC6.ini file. Also show me your FSUIPC6.log file.

okay I got everything working, but the wheels still leaving a skid mark when applying the brakes.

2 minutes ago, WBarry1992 said:

okay I got everything working, but the wheels still leaving a skid mark when applying the brakes.

Good. Try adjusting the User Settings at the top of the lua script. Once adjusted, you will need to restart the lua script for the changes to take affect.

28 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Good. Try adjusting the User Settings at the top of the lua script. Once adjusted, you will need to restart the lua script for the changes to take affect.

I figured it out. I had to set a button to antiskid on/off and now no more skid marks.