The simFlight Network Forums

strange behavior Saitek (Logitech TMP and rudder pedals) devices

iwerbrouck

I have been using FSUIPC for 10 years. I started with MSFS2020 and FSUIPC7 and I have a problem that I can't solve. Everything normal around installation and configuration, I use the Cessna 152... but the controls seem to have a life of their own, Throttle (Saitek TPM module) suddenly goes full throttle without touching and does it again after some time... Reinstalled USB buses changed, all ctrs of MSFS2020 disabled with "empty" profile...I really don't what now...can anyone give me an idea in which direction to look?

Your log shows multiple conflicting throttle axis controls being sent:

143687 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 65765 (0x000100e5), Param= -13124 (0xffffccbc) AXIS_THROTTLE_SET
   143703 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 65697 (0x000100a1), Param= 15871 (0x00003dff) THROTTLE_SET
   143765 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 65765 (0x000100e5), Param= -11092 (0xffffd4ac) AXIS_THROTTLE_SET
   143765 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 65697 (0x000100a1), Param= 15551 (0x00003cbf) THROTTLE_SET
   143765 ***  AXIS: Cntrl= 65697 (0x000100a1), Param= 15871 (0x00003dff) THROTTLE_SET

Looking at your assignments, you have the throttle set on 2  of your TPM axes:

0=CX,256,D,4,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-
1=CY,256,F,65697,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: THROTTLE_SET }-

Try deleting one of those, probably the second one - best to use direct settings and calibrate.

Btw, you have set-up all your assignments in a profile, and don't have any general assignments for axes or buttons. It is generally better to set-up a general profile first, for all your main axes and button assignments. Then you can create profiles with this as a starting point, and change/add whatever is needed for that profile. Doing it this way, you will at least have basic controls assigned for all aircraft. As it stands, if you load any other aircraft apart from the Cessna 152, you will have no assignments.

Dear John,

Everything works perfectly again, FSUIPC as I was used to... I cleaned up the ini-file and modified it with a group of settings outside the aircraft profiles. The problem was the USB configuration of my PC, formatted everything, windows 10 again and then the new sim... but... I forgot to install the drivers for the ASUS motherboard, specifically to make the USB buses work properly.. stupid, but yeah...

Anyway, THANK YOU for the very quick help!!

FSUIPC7.ini