The simFlight Network Forums

Rudder assignments

imperial321

Hi Guys,

I am having great difficulty (impossible) in assigning my brake axis on my Virtual Fly Ruddo pedals.

I can assign the rudder but when I rescan and push the brake pedal, it recognises it so I assign, let's say Left Brake but when I push the Right brake pedal it recognises it as left brake, if I reassign to right I get the same if pressing the left brake (says it's Right brake.

1 hour ago, imperial321 said:

I can assign the rudder but when I rescan and push the brake pedal, it recognises it so I assign, let's say Left Brake but when I push the Right brake pedal it recognises it as left brake, if I reassign to right I get the same if pressing the left brake (says it's Right brake.

What does the Joy number and Axis letter show in the assignments window for each of the three axes (rudder, left brake, right brake).

It sounds like you are inadvertently moving the rudder axis at the same time as the brake axes, making FSUIPC think you are reassigning. If this is the case, just press "ignore" for the wrong axis and press again. The "ignore" option only operates for the duration of that setting attempt -- it cancels when you exit from the options.

If you still have problems, please show us your FSUIPC7.LOG and .INI files.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Still having issues...

In FSUIPC 7 on my Virtual Fly Ruddo pedals every movement is showing up as joystick G Axis X, whether left brake, right brake or rudder.

In MSFS sensitivity settings itself, moving the left or right brake also moves the rudder..

In calibration they all perform as expected..

Log and .ini files attached..

Dave

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

In FSUIPC 7 on my Virtual Fly Ruddo pedals every movement is showing up as joystick G Axis X, whether left brake, right brake or rudder

The X axis is evidently very sensitive and you are unable to press a toe brake without that rudder axis being seen first. This is exactly why that ignore button is provided. Press that THEN operate a toe brake.

When you calibrate the rudder axis be sure to set enough dead zone to avoid the rudder moving when you press a toe brake -- i.e. set the "centre" with the rudder pressed a bit each way, to create a dead zone.

In MSFS sensitivity settings itself, moving the left or right brake also moves the rudder..

Yes, same thing as above.

Pete