The simFlight Network Forums

ConnectionState Offset

Karli D

Hi John,

kindly asking if we could have

image.png.29329d8b1c88c3f0eb076021d0e0245e.png

as an offset? 🙂

Since FSUIPC7 is an executable on it's own and doesn't run inside the FS process, it also doesn't necessarily exits with MSFS (if someone unchecks the option).
If MSFS exits and FSUIPC doesn't, I'm getting no more realtime-data from the offsets, but just the last readings over and over again. Being unable to check if MSFS is still running there is no difference to data that simply didn't change since last process.
Actually I did a workaround by continuously checking changes in 0x0230 and 0x0274. So if both have no changes for a while, the sim connection is most probably dead. But I can't tell for sure. So it would be a big help to have an offset to monitor the connection state between FSUIPC and MSFS.

Thank you.

According to the spreadsheet provided in the documents provided 0x0230 (Absolute Time) responds but in another column it states "Not Working". 0x0274 (frame rate) has no notes in the sheet whatsoever so it probably doesn't work.

You may want to try the Local and/or Zulu time entries,  Zulu minutes is noted as working, you could use that but ofc your resolution will be 1 minute 😞, maybe others work, although "Local" seems buggy from the notes provided.

In the end though, an offset providing the connect info or a response to FSUIPC.Process() (its equivalent for FSUIPC7) would be optimal. 

Roman

1 hour ago, spokes2112 said:

so it probably doesn't work.

Hi Roman,

actually it does. Both of them do. Just not the whole time. For example 0x0230 doesn't respond while the sim is paused.
But it works for now:
https://youtu.be/htEFieeIYck

But yeah, an offset would be better. Also FSUIPC handles the connection state way better, safer and faster...

18 hours ago, Karli D said:

Since FSUIPC7 is an executable on it's own and doesn't run inside the FS process, it also doesn't necessarily exits with MSFS (if someone unchecks the option).
If MSFS exits and FSUIPC doesn't, I'm getting no more realtime-data from the offsets, but just the last readings over and over again. Being unable to check if MSFS is still running there is no difference to data that simply didn't change since last process.
Actually I did a workaround by continuously checking changes in 0x0230 and 0x0274. So if both have no changes for a while, the sim connection is most probably dead. But I can't tell for sure. So it would be a big help to have an offset to monitor the connection state between FSUIPC and MSFS.

Offset 0x3124 (FS version) is set (to 110) when connected to the sim. I will i[date this offset to show the correct version and also reset this to 0 when disconnected, so that it can be used to monitor the connection state.

SDK 0.14.0.0 has just been released, so I'll include this once I have updated to the latest SDK. I will update and release in the next few days.

17 hours ago, Karli D said:

But yeah, an offset would be better.

Please try the attached version, v7.2.5a. This version has been updated to SDK 0.14.0.0, and offset 0x3124 can be used to determine the connection status - it will contain 0 when disconnected and 110 (currently) when connected. I have also added some new events from the legacy gauges.h, but I still need to revise/update to the latest SimEvent status documentation.

John

FSUIPC7.exe