The simFlight Network Forums

Upgraded from FSUIPC V5 to V6 elevator trim "not working" P3D v 4.5...but...

Today I upgraded from FSUIPC V5 to V6 for P3D V4.5 Hotfix 3. I have the Saitek Yoke and Throttle system. In FSUIPC v5 I had it set up to control everything with P3D Enable Controller is Unchecked. I love it!  However, I installed FSUIPC v6 using the ".dll method". I renamed the FSUIPC5.ini to FSUIPC6.ini as in the intro manual to keep my V5 settings. When I did a quick test using a default P3D Mooney Bravo I found the elevator trim not responding on the yoke. Everything else I saved works. The same was true with all other aircraft I have installed. I then went into the controller options and selected Enable Controller and then the elevator trim is working. Is this the new normal where I need to check Enable Controller option in P3D? I really want to keep FSUIPC controlling everything like in V5 by Disable Controller. 

Thank you for your help on this. 

Jeff

Edited by JboiLA

3 hours ago, JboiLA said:

When I did a quick test using a default P3D Mooney Bravo I found the elevator trim not responding on the yoke. Everything else I saved works. The same was true with all other aircraft I have installed.

How is your trim assigned? Can you activate logging for buttons, Events and maybe also Axes controls, load the Mooney Bravo and then try to adjust the trim, then close down P3D and show me your FSUIPC6.log and FSUIPC6.ini files.

I'm surprised at this though - could it be that the buttons that you use are outside of the 32 button limit (in FSUIPC5) and you are using lua toggle a virtual button instead? If that is the case,  you will either need to re-assign your trim buttons, or add the following to the [General] section of your FSUIPC6.ini file to revert to the old 32-button limit behavior:
    EnableExtraButtons=No 

3 hours ago, JboiLA said:

I then went into the controller options and selected Enable Controller and then the elevator trim is working. Is this the new normal where I need to check Enable Controller option in P3D?

No - by doing that you will be using the default P3D assignments, which will also mean that all your other axes/buttons will/could also be assigned in P3D, which would give you dual assignments. Best to still leave controllers turned off in P3D  if using FSUIPC for your assignments. 

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. I sent you a message with the current FSUIPC 6 settings. I uninstalled v6 and reinstalled into the new preferred method (add on folder). I tested the PMDG and Majestic Dash 8 and so far the elevator trim works on them. I tried again on the default Mooney and still it doesn't respond. But, if I enable controllers then it works. This is very strange. 

Jeff

10 hours ago, JboiLA said:

I sent you a message with the current FSUIPC 6 settings.

Please attach it next time - its a lot easier and there is nothing in there that can't be public.

10 hours ago, JboiLA said:

I uninstalled v6 and reinstalled into the new preferred method (add on folder).

Ok, but this makes no difference to how FSUIPC behaves, only how it is started by P3D.

But what I need to see is your log, with the appropriate logging activated (as asked). Can you please attach that (not via PM please!).

John

PS. I'll also check the trim on the Mooney here....

Edited by John Dowson
PS added

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

PS. I'll also check the trim on the Mooney here....

Just checked and it is working here. However, it is extremely slow. If you hold your button(s) down (to send the control repeatedly), then you should see the elevator pitch trim indicator move.

If you want larger trim increments/decrements (deltas) for each button press/release, you can assign to the trim offset 0x0BC0 using the offset sword increment/decrement controls, and give the inc/dec delta that works for you. Alternatively, if you have a spare axis, you can assign to the Axis Elevator Trim Set control.

You can also duplicate your assignment lines (remembering to change the index number) to have (say) 10 controls sent upon each button press (by duplicating 10 times) and release (if you also assign the control to be sent on release as well).

John

Hi John,

I can confirm this with the default Mooney. The trim is very slow to react when the Enable Controllers is unchecked. I have done further testing and other aircraft the trim works. I really apologize for wasting your time on this. It has been a while since I added something new to P3D and I simply forgot many things. I only use the Mooney as my personal default test plane when I add something. With so many add-ons and scenery, etc. I think it is easy to forget even the simplest of things. 

Thanks to you and Pete for an excellent product!

Jeff