The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Isn't picking up or replacing some buttons in a Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo setup.

Hello, I am running FSUIPC 4.97 with FSX. Recently I've tried some programming specifically for FSLabs' Concorde X, and I've had a few issues with buttons. There's one that's specific to Concorde, but others that are happening across all aircraft. Here's those issues:

-Buttons 0-2 on the Alpha Yoke are always programmed multiple commands. Button 0 is always brake, buttons 1 and 2 are always both change view and increase/decrease flaps. I have cleared out all button binds from FSX and disabled controllers.

-Buttons 1-7 on the Bravo Throttle Quadrant (The black switches behind the throttles) are not being recognized at all by FSUIPC.

For the Concorde specifically, the landing light and taxi light switches are both hard-programmed to functions that I can't clear.

Any help is appreciated!

6 hours ago, Crashcast_E said:

-Buttons 1-7 on the Bravo Throttle Quadrant (The black switches behind the throttles) are not being recognized at all by FSUIPC.

Those switches are outside the 32 button limit (0-31) supported by FSUIPC4. To use these, you need to use lua. Please see 

7 hours ago, Crashcast_E said:

For the Concorde specifically, the landing light and taxi light switches are both hard-programmed to functions that I can't clear.

Hard-programmed how? If you've disabled controllers in FSX it can't be in FSX. If assigned in FSUIPC, you can clear them. However, note that if you have multiple assignments to those switches, they cannot be cleared by using the UI. You need to edit the FSUIPC4.ini file directly to remove the assignments.

John

Hard-programmed how? If you've disabled controllers in FSX it can't be in FSX. If assigned in FSUIPC, you can clear them.

I have disabled controllers in FSX and cleared the controls in FSUIPC, yet they're still doing the function described, i.e. brake or flaps.

13 hours ago, Crashcast_E said:

I have disabled controllers in FSX and cleared the controls in FSUIPC, yet they're still doing the function described, i.e. brake or flaps.

Then something must be configured to send those controls. Are you using the Honeycomb configuration software? If so, try disabling that.
Otherwise you could try activating logging for Buttons & Keys as well as Events (non-axis controls) in FSUIPC4, to see what is logged when you activate those buttons. You can attached your FSUIPC4.log and FSUIPC4.ini files and I can take a look to see/confirm that they aren't coming from FSUIPC4.