The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 Help

Hi Pete

I've installed 4.975 to use with an FDS Flightdeck of the 737NGX using CP Flight blackBox interface under FSX/PMDG 737NGX. Quite a mouthful I know. It was working fine until I bought a new machine and reinstalled the all of the above components. The CPFlight module shows that it it is connected properly on the COM3 Serial port, with the proper drivers. FSUIPC4.DLL is properly installed in the Modules folder. CP Flight uses the Simconnect.dll to link with FSX/PMDG via FSUIPC. When I'm in FSX I can see the FSUIPC and CPFlight Addons on the menu bar. When I launch FS_COM (the CP Flight addon) it shows up that it is connecting and then nothing and does not connect to the Sim. As I said it was working fine before the reinstall. Any thoughts as to why it would have stopped working. I've also checked 737NGX_Options.ini and can confirm it has [SDK] EnableDataBroadcast=1. You also talk about Sim Reconnect whilst in the NGX? Not sure if this is a problem but I'm running FSX as administrator (but that's not caused any issues and worked fine). The primary use of the flightdeck using the CPFLight module and FSUIPC is for the 6Pack, Master Caution, Fire warning, Gear Lever, Auto Brake,  Thanks heaps Pete any help will be sincerely appreciated

MOVED FROM FAQ REFERENCE SECTION!

Please never post support requests into reference subforums. They are clearly marked "not for support"!

10 hours ago, Adooli said:

CP Flight uses the Simconnect.dll to link with FSX/PMDG via FSUIPC.

That makes no sense. It either interfaces to SimConnect, or to FSUIPC. Both are interfaces to FSX.

As far as I know, nothing by CPFlight uses FSUIPC. If it does use FSUIPC, then with FSX running in Admin Mode, so much all the software wanting to talk to FSUIPC.

If you think it is supposed to work through FSUIPC, then please show me the FSUIPC4.LOG.

Pete

Hi Pete

Thanks for your response.  I'm using "BLKBOX USB Interface Board for CP Flight Modules". An extract from the user manual states

"SOFTWARE INSTALLATION Beyond the USB drivers there is a software applications to install for BLKBOX use: FS_COM.exe that manage the data exchange with the computer. Please download latest version of CPflighttoolsxxx.zip at "http://www.cpflight.com/sito/downloads/downloads.asp, (the file is in a compressed zip archive); unzip the files in a temporary folder and run “setup.exe” then follow the instructions on the screen. Start PC as administrator to install software on Windows 2000/XP/Vista. The data exchange between FS_COM and FS occur through the popular FSUIPC.dll, if you didn't use it before download it at http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html, copy the FSUIPC.dll file into module folder of Flight Simulator. If you use the MCP737 with FS2004, revision 3.xx of FSUIPC is needed; for use with Windows Vista download the revision 4.xx of FSUIPC. Visit http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html for information’s and instructions about FSUIPC.

See BLKBOX USB Interface board for CPflight modules - PDF Free Download (docplayer.net) for details.

As per my previous note I'm only using the Blkbox/FSUIPC for the stated function on my Flightdeck being Pack, Master Caution, Fire warning, Gear Lever, Auto Brake. All the other equipment eg joystick, throttle, rudder are all native Siatek. I've attached the log file as requested.

The only reason I said CP Flight uses the Simconnect.dll to link with FSX/PMDG via FSUIPC, was that there was a SimConnect.dll file in the CPFlight directory.

Many thanks for your help Pete.

Kind regards

Adil

FSUIPC4.log

On 8/25/2021 at 2:15 AM, Adooli said:

When I launch FS_COM (the CP Flight addon) it shows up that it is connecting and then nothing and does not connect to the Sim

The Log shows that FSUIPC is running okay, When you say FS_COM says it is "connecting", does that just stay like that? Isn't there any error message?

I would guess that it isn't able to connect because you are running FSX in Admin mode, but not FS_COM (or vice versa). Programs running at different prililege levels cannot exchange data by the methods used by FSUIPC.

If that isn't it then you really need to talk to CP Flight, as only they can debug their program or analyise their logs.

Pete

12 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

The Log shows that FSUIPC is running okay, When you say FS_COM says it is "connecting", does that just stay like that? Isn't there any error message?

Unfortunately it does not come up with any error messages.

I've tried running FS_COM in admin mode but that has not solved the problem. Will try again tho'. Unfortunately I have to run FSX in admin mode otherwise PMDG does not load up for some reason. I probably have to slowly backtrack on some of my installation steps as even on the new PC FS_COM/FSUIPC had worked. So something has triggered the failure.

Would installing FSUIPC in admin mode help? Or running it in admin mode? That is if either is possible.

Thanks for your insights and help Pete.

Cheers

Adil

11 hours ago, Adooli said:

Would installing FSUIPC in admin mode help? Or running it in admin mode? That is if either is possible.

FSUIPC is a DLL module which, when running, is part of FSX. So if you run FSX in Admin mode (which should NEVER be necessary), then FSUIPC, being part of FSX, will be in Admin mode.

Then any and all FSUIPC client programs must also be in Admin mode, or they won't get connected.

If you can't get it working either way then it must definitely be a problem with FS_COM. I don't think anything else can conflict with that. So you really need CP FLight support.

Ah you sure it is communicating with its devices? Didn't you say it was a USB link? Maybe it's just a configuration problem? Or USB3 v USB2. I think a lot of USB devices aren't compatible with USB3.

Pete

• 1 month later...