The simFlight Network Forums

VriSImHardware and P3dv5

Hi to all,

I've been running VRISim-Hardware successfully in FSX and have recently made the transition to P3Dv5. I managed to get the MCPCombo running (driven by latest P3dv5 compatible LINDA-version) and also the CDUIII (driven by the old VrISimSoftware). Everything runs perfectly initially, but about 1 hour into the flight, P3Dv5 crashes with an urctbase.dll error. This happens in every flight, I haven't managed to see any landing runway so far in P3dV5. I exclusively fly PMDG planes (mainly the PMDG747-8i and I have quite a complicated multi-monitor setup witch touch screens even android tablets to display undocked panels using virtual drivers. There are plenty of options for urctbase.dll errors in my setup, but I think I have it nailed down to the VriSim Hardware by now. The reason why I post this here is that VriSim hardware uses FSUIPC for sim communication. So here my questions:

1.Is there a way to get more crash information from FSUIPC than than the windows event viewer, especially to find out which hardware part causes the error? (My FSUIPC.log doesnt show any info except that P3Dv5 has quit.)

2. Does anybod run VrISim hardware successfully in P3Dv5 and can point me into the right direction of what to do?

I'm running latest FSUIPC, latest LINDA, latest VriSImSoftware (10 years old!) and latest COM-port drivers.

2 hours ago, draci said:

1.Is there a way to get more crash information from FSUIPC than than the windows event viewer, especially to find out which hardware part causes the error?

No, as its not FSUIPC that is crashing but P3D. You could try logging VRI coms, which you can do by adding the following to the [General] section of your ini"
    Debug=Please
    LogExtras=4

2 hours ago, draci said:

2. Does anybod run VrISim hardware successfully in P3Dv5 and can point me into the right direction of what to do?

Sorry, I don't have any VRI devices.. Maybe some othe VRI users can help you. There is also another VRI support request open at the moment with a different issue - see 

Maybe you can help each other?