The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 closing shortly after MSFS running [Windows 11].

chrisal

3 minutes ago, chrisal said:

Well John, I think you've cracked it! I tried again the VC++ files but no luck. However your new version seerms to be working just fine and persisting the whole session.

Ok, thats good to know. Presume that is with using the new ini parameter set.
It is very strange that this fix/hack is needed though. I don't understand why that windows API call is not working on some Windows 11 systems. It must be due to some windows system libraries somewhere, but if its not the VC++ redistributables I don't know where the issue could be.

John

Good morning,

I was having the same closing issue.  Mine was an inplace upgrade, not a preview or insiders build it was done via regular windows updates.  Computer is more then capable spec wise.  The file you loaded has solved my disconnect issue as well.  So far a 4 hour flight no issues.  I did try to uninstall and reinstall VC but it still closed out this time before I even got into the air.  But the exe file seems to have done the trick.

@chrisal and @Fordson04: could you both please do me a favor and try the attach version. Please disable the new DisableMSFSMonitor ini parameter first (remove or set to No). This will fail, as before, but should hopefully log a windows error number which may help me track down the issue.
You can revert to your current FSUIPC7.exe afterwards and re-enable the ini parameter.

Either attach your FSUIPC7.log or just paste the following line:
     **** FindWindowEx error n (X) ****

Thanks,

John

FSUIPC7.exe

3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

@chrisal and @Fordson04: could you both please do me a favor and try the attach version. Please disable the new DisableMSFSMonitor ini parameter first (remove or set to No). This will fail, as before, but should hopefully log a windows error number which may help me track down the issue.
You can revert to your current FSUIPC7.exe afterwards and re-enable the ini parameter.

Either attach your FSUIPC7.log or just paste the following line:
     **** FindWindowEx error n (X) ****

Thanks,

John

FSUIPC7.exe 628 kB · 11 downloads

Here you go!

FSUIPC7.log

3 minutes ago, Fordson04 said:

Here you go!

Ok, thanks:
    **** FindWindowEx error 1400 (578) ****

Error 1400 is 'Invalid window handle', which means it just can find the window with the class name 'AceApp', which is what the MSFS main window class name should be.

You can delete/remove that version now and revert to the previous version I posted. I will release that version in a few days.

Cheers,

John

• 2 weeks later...

For those with this issue, I have added added a different method of determining if MSFS is still running, which can be used by setting:
     DisableMSFSMonitor=Enum
Using this will revert FSUIPC to its previous behavior under windows 10 which will allow FSUIPC7 to exit when MSFS i closed.
Available in the attached version, and will be released in the next version.

John

FSUIPC7.exe