The simFlight Network Forums

Should this camera view work?

In one aircraft I have set up various useful camera views I can access in flight using buttons/hotkeys in FSUIPC4.  The camera definitions are in the aircraft.cfg file for the aircraft I did this for and it all works really well there.

I would like to use one of these views in another aircraft and have tried pasting the camera definition into the second aircraft's cfg file (changing the number to avoid conflict). The GUID i/d is the same - I would only use one at a time anyway.  However the button does not do anything when I fly the new aircraft.  Am I doing something wrong?  Or not doing something I should.  Help needed please.

FSX SE/Alabeo Aztec/Carenado Caravan EX.  Caravan aircraft.cfg attached

aircraft.cfg

Maybe they still need a unique GUI? Most tutorials on the web (e.g. http://www.ontheglideslope.net/2016/05/18/how-to-creating-custom-cameras-in-prepar3d-v3/ - for P3Dv3 but still valid):

Sixth, and last, go to www.guidgenerator.com  and grab a GUID number. Each camera needs a unique identifier, and this site will give you one. Paste it OVER the GUID value between the brackets at the top of the camera definition. When you’re done, it should look something like this:

Also check that your button/key assignments to the views are still valid/active for the different a/c.

John

Just now, rojo2021 said:

The camera views don't work for that either.  Is that something you would expect?

I'm not sure, sorry. Its been many years since I messed around with camera views, although its something thats been pending on my flight system now for several months. I'll be looking at this shortly, but in P3Dv5 which I still need to configure correctly for my system.

Maybe others more familiar with camera configuration could comment.

John