The simFlight Network Forums

Does FSIUPC Setup Override Sim Settings?

Gabe_62

Or do I need to delete all assignnents in the sim IF assigned via FSIUPC ?

So I know for example PMDG doesn't like the throttles assigned in FSIUPC, so I would ensure I calibrated them in the sim control settings and tell FSIUPC to ignore that axis.

.....But, MSFS tends to assign stuff automatically if you attach stuff. Should I delete these from EVERY device...IF assigned via FSIUPC ?

I will be reading the 80 page manual...  I promise but just want to get started quickly for now.

MANY THNX !

Edited by Gabe_62

15 minutes ago, Gabe_62 said:

Or do I need to delete all assignnents in the sim IF assigned via FSIUPC ?

No, you can mix and match. However, we usually recommend to create an empty profile in MSFS first, but you can still assign in MSDFS if you like.

16 minutes ago, Gabe_62 said:

So I know for example PMDG doesn't like the throttles assigned in FSIUPC

Well, many folks using PMDG assign in FSUIPC. However, best not to assign to FSUIPC calibration and NOT calibrate in FSUIPC. it is the calibration that causes issues.

18 minutes ago, Gabe_62 said:

But, MSFS tends to assign stuff automatically if you attach stuff. Should I delete these from EVERY device...IF assigned via FSIUPC ?

That is an issue in P3D, but not so much in MSFS. Just create a new (empty by default) profile in MSFS for the device and you should be fine.

You can also assign in MSFS in that empty profile if required.

John

OK. For the benefit of others...

I'm using a Logitech Yoke and Throttle + seperate Logitech throttle quadrant... AND a X52 Pro HOTAS.

Setting up basic axes... throttle, prop and mixture, plus rudder for simple GA (JF Turbo Arrow 4), I found everything VERY twitchy UNLESS I disabled all the axes in the sim from all the controllers where assigned in FSIUPC as Direct to FSIUPC calibration.

Now I have ONLY FSIUPC assigning basic control axes... and it's perfick !

YMMV. Clearly these Saitek/Logitech controllers do tend to noisy.

(n/b --  I set a very small deadzone in the Saitek driver in windows and then fine-tuned it in the FSIUPC calibration page.