The simFlight Network Forums

Vpilot version 2.8.1. & FSUIPC4 v4.976

Hmm, even stranger... I had left FSX and vPilot running while I typed that last comment, where the Mode C issue was present, and just tried again and it now seems to be working as expected...! I can even update that offset (or use the Add-ons -> Squawk Mode C option)and can see the Mode C being activated/deactivated in vPilot.

It looks like its the 255 value in offset 7B91 is causing the issue. Once that is reset to 1 (or 0), the Mode C button works as expected.
I'll see where that value is coming from (and what has changed since the previous build...) and see if I can correct. In the mean-time, if you are using a registered version of FSUIPC4 try setting the value in that offset to 0 (via a key press or button assignment to Offset Byte Set) to see if vPilot can squawk Mode C once it has been reset.

John

Ok, I now understand what is happening. It is actually a very old bug where an array is updated out-of-bounds, and the problem with vPilot/Squawkbox has only just showed itself due to the memory re-alignment in the new build. I have corrected this now in the attached build, which i will release officially in the next few days:

FSUIPC4.dll

Thanks for your assistance in tracking this down.

Regards,

John

On 11/24/2021 at 3:06 AM, John Dowson said:

Ok, I now understand what is happening. It is actually a very old bug where an array is updated out-of-bounds, and the problem with vPilot/Squawkbox has only just showed itself due to the memory re-alignment in the new build. I have corrected this now in the attached build, which i will release officially in the next few days:

FSUIPC4.dll 525.5 kB · 1 download

Thanks for your assistance in tracking this down.

Regards,

John

Wow great work. May I ask did this problem propagate to FSUIPC 6+ ? May explain some unreliable behavior there as well. 

James

9 hours ago, John Dowson said:

No, the issue is not present in FSUIPC6/7. What "unreliable behavior" are you seeing there?

John

Hi John,

Sometimes the Mode C in vPilot works when triggered via FSUIPC, sometimes it takes a toggle or two to get the correct state. But not a big deal, wouldn't waste your time on it. 

James