The simFlight Network Forums

For every Liverie a new profile?

garack

8 minutes ago, Scotfleiger said:

The entry/index numbers are correctly matched to the hvar name as accessed by the getHvarList function. It is just the display order that has gone awry. (I have been having similar issues with the order in work I am doing on LINDA.)

As I said, it has always been this way - nothing has changed.

Please re-read my previous response...I said I would look into changing this the next time I update the WAPI.
Or is this something that you cannot live without? 

Later: I seem to get them listed in id order anyway:

Image 1.png

Edited by John Dowson
Later added

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:

Please re-read my previous response...I said I would look into changing this the next time I update the WAPI.
Or is this something that you cannot live without? 

Sorry I did read and I was just clarifying. This can be lived with as I am extracting the Hvar list separately. The fact that Hvars are now readable for variation aircraft is brilliant. Thank you.

Hi Andrew,

Do you really have > 400 hvars for the aircraft you have loaded (FBW A320?)?
If you have any updated hvar files, could you share them so that I can include in the FSUIPC7 installation package? The ones currently included have not been updated for quite a while and are surly quite out if date...

John

Further to your question

On 1/21/2022 at 4:50 PM, John Dowson said:

Do you really have > 400 hvars for the aircraft you have loaded (FBW A320?)?

I have checked my code to read the available Hvars using the new ipc.getHvarName(). I found that the resulting list has double the number of Hvars than in the HvarFiles source (436 and not 218). The list is repeated twice for some unknown reason. I am searching using a loop from 0 and stopping at the first nil or blank response (see attached - ignore logging lines). As I can see the getHavName is reading the list twice.

GetHvar.lua

3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Activate debug logging in the WASM and check your FSUIPC_WASM.log

I have set the Logging to Debug in WASMClient.ini (in LocalState/Packages/fsuipc-lvar-module) and restarted MSFS and FSUIPC7. For both the FBW A32NX base and BA livery variant the log reports 436 Hvar found. List Hvars still shows a doubled up list of Hvars.

FSUIPC_WASM.log WASMClient.ini

Disregard the previous post. I appear to have had multiple fsuipc_lvar_module folders installed. The following refers to /packages/community/fsuipc-lvar-module.

There are a number of Hvar files found and 436 hvars found (twice that in the FlyByWire_A320_Neo.hvar). There are a couple of lines referring to loading 72 unique Hvars from .\modules\A320.hvar and .\modules\FlyByWire_A320_NEO.hvar.

FSUIPC_WASM.log FSUIPC_WASM.ini

So you have two hvar files that match (on a substring match), A320.hvar and FlyByWire_A320_NEO.hvar. So it is loading both.
It is designed to load ALL hvar files that match. Remove the A
320.hvar file or rename to match the Asobo A320, whatever is correct.
But there certainly is something strange going on...it has found the 2 hvar files, each with 72 unique hvars. But then it says:
    [DEBUG]: 4 HVAR files loaded (max client data size=8192)
    INFO]: 436 hvars loaded for aircraft 'Airbus A320 Neo FlyByWire'

I will look into this tomorrow, to see if I can reproduce.

John

21 minutes ago, Scotfleiger said:

Only 218 Hvars loading now. I had the old A320.hvar and FlyByWire_A320_NEO.hvar present and renamed the former.

Yes, I know - that is what I was trying to tell you!

However, still something strange going on, as the log says that 4 hvar files were loaded, with a total of 436 hvars. I don't understand this as you had 2 hvar files loaded, with 72 in each, so 144 hvars. Can you explain that? This is what I will look into - something is going amiss somewhere....

John