The simFlight Network Forums

Reversed axis on Aerosoft A320 X Extended with FSUIPC4

"but you do not evenseem to be reading mu comments. Take your hat/panning assignments. You ay you assigned this as an axis but that is obviously not true"

On the contrary, it seems to me that you don't even read my comments. I never wrote it was assigned as an axis on the files I sent you. I wrote I did it afterwards and that the result is a situation getting worse. After the modification I made according to your demand the lag is longer... Do you know why ? Thanks

13 hours ago, Stéphane Ficély said:

On the contrary, it seems to me that you don't even read my comments. I never wrote it was assigned as an axis on the files I sent you. I wrote I did it afterwards and that the result is a situation getting worse. 

You said " I used the axes assignment panel for it and... it's getting worse : 3 to 4s lag instead of 2 to 3 !" but the FSUIPC4.ini file you attached shows no assignments to the Pan View control on an axis, but shows your POV buttons assigned as buttons to the separate Pan Up/Down/Left/Right. This tells me that you either DID NOT assign to the Pan View axis, or you attached an FSUIPC4.ini file that you weren't using. I already said this several times now and quoted your assignments to show you this...
So, you are either confused as to what an assignment to an axis is, or you are showing me the wrong FSUIPC4.ini file. Once assigned, it will look something like this on your [Axes] section:

[Axes]
PollInterval=10
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=0P,0,F,66416,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: PAN_VIEW }-

So, either show me your updated FSUIPC4.ini file so that I can see the assignments or tell me what you do not understand about assigning your POV to the Pan View axis.

Also, please double-check that you have the  Enable Controller(s) tick-box unchecked in your settings.

I recommend that you also initial start with a simple/stock aircraft before moving on to more complex aircraft. Try setting up all your primary axes and standard buttons (POV, Parking brake, lights, ...) in the general (i.e. no profile selected) sections first, before you start using profiles for specific aircraft.

John

Dear John,

I prefer giving up with FSUIPC. I just bought it because I had a diconnection problem with my joystick and I miraculously found a very easy solution to solve it yesterday.

Your product is really exhaustive which is good for someone that wants to set a full of details but I really think that it's too much complicated for a basic use.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help and patience.

Rgds

17 hours ago, Stéphane Ficély said:

I prefer giving up with FSUIPC.

Ok, but sorry to hear this.

17 hours ago, Stéphane Ficély said:

I really think that it's too much complicated for a basic use.

But it really shouldn't be that complicated to set up basic functions, such as primary controls or the POV hat.
Just try the following:
   1. Delete your FSUIPC4.ini - best to start afresh.
   2. Start FSX and load a default GA aircraft. Best to initially set-up your default profile with a simple aircraft.
   3. Go into the FSX Control settings and make sure controllers are not enabled
   4. Open the FSUIPC main window and select the Axis Assignment tab
   5. Move your POV button (in any direction). You should see a 'P' (for POV) as the Axis#.
   7. Select 'Sent to FS as Normal Axis
   8. Enable the first selection drop-down and select Pan View
   9. Click Ok

Thats it. Your POV should be assigned.

Then assign your primary axis - when you do this choose the action 'Send direct to FSUIPC calibration. Once you have assigned an axis, you then go to the calibration tab to calibrate that axis. Instructions on how to do this are provided in the User guide.

If it helps, there is some documentation available in French, although rather old. See:

FSUIPC 4.60 documentation in FrenchFSUIPC460Francais
--- Translation kindly donated by Mr. Philippe Hantzberg, 19th March 2011

John