The simFlight Network Forums

Pilot2ATC not Connecting correctly with FSUIPC

Glyn

The latest version 7.2.12 http://www.fsuipc.com/ automatically starts when my MSFS is run. When MSFS is started and the aircraft correctly set up Pilot2ATC does not connect to MSFS.  However, if I close FSUIPC and start it again and then restart Pilot2ATC it corrrectly connects.

I believe that prior to the latest FSUIPC version being installed Pilot2ATC did not have this problem and connected normally when FSUIPC was manually run.

Can you please advise if there is a problem with the latest version of FSUIPC & Pilot2ATC?

34 minutes ago, Glyn said:

Can you please advise if there is a problem with the latest version of FSUIPC & Pilot2ATC?

Not that I am aware of. Do you know why Pilot2ATC does not connect to MSFS? Any error message?
There weren't that many changes between 7.2.11 and 7.2.12, and none that should affect Pilot2ATC. Or was yout previous version not 7.2.11, and if so what version were you using?

Maybe try with the attached version, which will be released shortly:

John

FSUIPC7.exe

Thanks for the quick response. When I carried out the same start procedure for Pilot2 ATC that I did previously wne I click the button to connect the program it just says 'Simulator Disconnected'. When I was using the previous version 7.2.11 and earlier versions. I had no problems with that. I will test the version you posted and get back to you with the result asap. I have contacted the Pilot2ATC site and they do not know what is causing it and advised me to speak to you.

I already deleted the previous version (latest) in order to run the one you sent me to try - which worked perfectly with FS2Crew when I manually opened it a few minutes ago I cannot find the .log file for that version as it opened directly from the link and did not install to a directory. Am I doing something wrong? 

In order to help you diagnose my 'problem' I have reinstalled v7.2.12 and attached the .lofg files as requested

FSUIPC7 log - PIlot2ATC not connecting.txt FSUIPC7 log - PIlot2ATC connecting.txt

Edited by Glyn

42 minutes ago, Glyn said:

which worked perfectly with FS2Crew when I manually opened it a few minutes ago I cannot find the .log file for that version as it opened directly from the link and did not install to a directory. Am I doing something wrong? 

The log file is written to the same folder as where you ran the FSUIPC7.exe. You should use that FSUIPC7.exe to replace your currently installed one.
The 'not connecting' log is from that new FSUIPC7.exe I attached above - your log shows this, and that you ran it from your Downloads folder:

********* FSUIPC7, Version 7.2.13c (10th November 2021) by John Dowson *********
Reading options from "D:\Downloads\FSUIPC7.ini"

Whereas your 'connecting' log is from your installed v7.2.12 version:

********* FSUIPC7, Version 7.2.12 (5th November 2021) by John Dowson *********
Reading options from "C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.ini"

50 minutes ago, Glyn said:

I already deleted the previous version (latest) in order to run the one you sent me to try

No you didn't, as your 'connecting' log shows you are still using this version.

Please replace your FSUIPC7.exe in C:\FSUIPC7\ with the one in D:\Downloads.  Then start MSFS/FSUIPC7, load an aircraft and try to connect Pilot2ATC. If it doesn't connect, restart FSUIPC7 and try again. If it then connects, show me your FSUIPC7.log file (which will be the successful one) and your FSUIPC7_prev.log file (which will be the previous one, produced when it failed to connect).

Also, the usual reason that 3rd party programs cannot connect is that they are ran at different privilege levels. If Pilot2ATC cannot connect when FSUIPC7 is auto-started with MSFS, maybe try restarting Pilot2ATC, first with standard privileges and then with admin  privileges.

John

14 minutes ago, Glyn said:

Can you please tell me where I access the .log file as I may be making an error with that?

As I said: The log file is written to the same folder as where you ran the FSUIPC7.exe.

If you don't know where that is, you can use the FSUIPC7  File -> Open Installation Folder... menu option.

Please re-read my previous post.

John

Sorry, not very computer savvy. I hope these are the correct .log files

When MSFS first started FSUIPC7 opened automatically and then I deleted FSUIPC7 and clicked on the FSUIPC7 App file to open it the second time 

FSUIPC7 log - PIlot2ATC not connecting.txtFSUIPC7 log - PIlot2ATC not connecting.txtFSUIPC7 log - PIlot2ATC not connecting.txtFSUIPC7 log - PIlot2ATC not connecting.txtFSUIPC7 log - PIlot2ATC not connecting.txt

FSUIPC7 log - PIlot2ATC connecting.txt

Sorry about this I am not very good with technology.

I am confused, as you probably realise.  I have reinstalled the latest v from your website and was trying to give you the log files from that version when I run Pilot2ATC and it doesn't connect - and save the .log file.  I will then stop the new version and restart it and run Pilot2ATC again and when it connects send you that updated .log file.

Is that correct? 

I was trying to get you to use the latest version that I attached above, but this seems to be confusing you for some reason, so just forget that for the moment.

All you need to do is to run MSFS, which will run FSUIPC7, and then try to connect Pilot2ATC. This should fail (which is your issue). When this happens, exit FSUIPC and restart it (the same version, as you always do). Then, try and connect PilotToATC again - it should succeed, according to your description of the issue.
Then exit FSUIPC7, and show me the FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7_prev.log files.

All I need is the two log files from the same version of FSUIPC7, one where the Pilot2ATC connection succeeded and one where it fails. This really isn't that difficult.

John

Thank you.

Your log files look ok.

Are you sure that you are not just trying to connect too early?
You can only connect once the following line has been logged:
    -------------------- Starting everything now ----------------------
Can you check that this line has been logged BEFORE you try and connect Pilot2ATC. The easiest way of doing this is to open the console window (using the Log -> Open Console menu item) and monitor the messages.

Otherwise I have no idea. I will have to download Pilot2ATC and take a look, but before I do this please check the above and let me know.

Thanks,

John

• Like 1

I have been using Pilot2ATC with the previous versions of FSUIPC with no problems at all.  Problems just started with the auto loading function of FSUIPC7. 

I don't know if this helps but I just uninstalled v7.2.12 and after loading MSFS to the point where the aircraft is on the runway ready for t/o.  I then ran the new FSUIPC7 version that you sent and PIlot2ATC connected without any problems. I ran the Log - Open Console to monitor events for this version but nothing showed after it showed 'Console Started'

For the purposes of your investigation I will now install v7.2.12 again and run through the steps you suggested above.

I do appreciate your help - even if I don't always get things right

9 minutes ago, Glyn said:

Problems just started with the auto loading function of FSUIPC7. 

Have you only just started using the auto-start function then? This has been available for a long time...

9 minutes ago, Glyn said:

I don't know if this helps but I just uninstalled v7.2.12 and after loading MSFS to the point where the aircraft is on the runway ready for t/o.  I then ran the new FSUIPC7 version that you sent and PIlot2ATC connected without any problems. 

No, that doesn't help as your issue seems to occur only when FSUIPC7 is auto-started, no?

10 minutes ago, Glyn said:

I ran the Log - Open Console to monitor events for this version but nothing showed after it showed 'Console Started'

It will only show messages logged AFTER the console window has been opened. If you keep that option set, the console window should open automatically when FSUIPC7 next auto-starts. So, now you have that option set, just run MSFS again, which should auto-start FSUIP7 and show the console. Once you see the 'starting everything now' message, then try and connect Pilot2ATC.

I am only trying to verify that you are not trying to connect before FSUIPC7 is ready.

John

• Like 1

• John Dowson changed the title to Pilot2ATC not Connecting correctly with FSUIPC

Thanks John. I stopped the auto loaded version of FSUIPC7 and clicked on the App in the Directory.  Waited until that 'Starting Everything M' message showed and Pilot2ATC connected . That Log attached

Just let me know if you would like me to do anything else at anytime

At least I am earning lots of badges 🙂 Have a great weekend

Log 2.jpg

I have now installed Pilot2ATC to check this and cannot reproduce your issue.
As I previously said, 3rd part apps cannot connect to FSUIPC if they are not ran at the same privilege level as FSUIPC. Could it be that FSUIPC7 is being ran at a different privilege level (elevated) when auto-started by MSFS? To check this, try running Pilot2ATC with admin rights, to see if it can then connect.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 4:49 PM, Glyn said:

Console left open and MSFS run again. After aircraft on runway I opened Pilot2ATC after line 202547 showed and it would not connect.Log.thumb.jpg.00f02bbd52e22b81d0d1d83a72be10c7.jpg

Looking at this again, the log extract shows that the Sim has stopped, so you weren't in a flight, which is why it wouldn't connect.
Was that not the case?

8 minutes ago, Glyn said:

just going to manually load the latest FSUIPC that you gave me.

Please use the v7.2.13 released version (download if not done already). Please try one last time with this version.
There really should be no difference between when auto-started and manually started (except maybe with permissions).

John