The simFlight Network Forums

Pilot2ATC not Connecting correctly with FSUIPC

Glyn

Morning John, I installed the latest version of FSUIPC as you requested. I normally start MSFS as Administrator however I accidentally started it normally and when the aircraft was at the gate with batteries on and I ran Pilot2ATC it connected straight away. I then went back and started it again as Administrator and when I ran Pilot2ATC it would not connect. Looks like that might be the problem.  I have attached the logs - FSUIPC7_prev is the one started without Administrator rights.

The reason I start MSFS as Admistrator is because another of my programs FS2Crew requires that. One of their FAQ's states:

Problem:
The FS2Crew Command Center does not autostart when MSFS loads.  I do not see the FS2Crew Command Center (red airplane nose icon) in the toolbar.

Solution:
1. Ensure Microsoft Flight Simulator is run with Administrator rights. 

FSUIPC7.log FSUIPC7_prev.log

Hi Glyn,

1 hour ago, Glyn said:

Problem:
The FS2Crew Command Center does not autostart when MSFS loads.  I do not see the FS2Crew Command Center (red airplane nose icon) in the toolbar.

Solution:
1. Ensure Microsoft Flight Simulator is run with Administrator rights. 

As I said, everything must be running at the same privilege level. If you are running MSFS with Admin rights, that will run FSUIPC7 (and FS2Crew) with Admin rights, so you need to run Pilot2ATC with Admin rights. To do this, go into the Compatibility Properties of the Pilot2ATC.exe and check the box 'run this program as an administrator'.

John