The simFlight Network Forums

Flight Illusion

Hello,

Is the Flight Illusion Transponder visible to FSUIPC so I can program the rotary switch, the only thing it can't do in prepar3d v5.2 (or any prepar3d version for that matter)

LM did say they would probably incorporate it many years ago...alas fell on deaf ears..

Dave

Hi Dave,

15 hours ago, imperial321 said:

Is the Flight Illusion Transponder visible to FSUIPC so I can program the rotary switch, the only thing it can't do in prepar3d v5.2 (or any prepar3d version for that matter)

I cannot advise on the compatibility of hardware. All I can tell you is that FSUIPC will only recognise HID joystick type devices for direct assignments.  Other types of HID devices can be used via the lua com library. 

I can provide you with a trial license if you would like to try it.

John

10 hours ago, imperial321 said:

I have just updated to the latest release and it seems to have broken the connection to all my Flight Illusion units...

Which version did you update from? What do you mean by 'broken'?

10 hours ago, imperial321 said:

Can I have a link to the previous version please.

No, only the latest version is available and supported. We need to determine what is causing your issue. Can you please explain what your issue is, and show me your .ini and .log files.

John

Hi John,

Crisis averted...User error...Nothing to do with FSUIPC, somehow the power cable had come out/loose meaning the control unit was not getting power.

Just seemed coincidental.

All is well now. My sincerest apologies..

On the other issue regarding my devices/assignments dropping out it occurs when my Saitek trim wheel "Comes alive" during flight, I hear the ping as the device connects and then all controls freeze.

13 hours ago, imperial321 said:

On the other issue regarding my devices/assignments dropping out it occurs when my Saitek trim wheel "Comes alive" during flight,

Did you check your USB Hun's device's power management settings? Make sure 'Allow computer to turn off the device ti save power' is unchecked.

I hear the ping as the device connects and then all controls freeze.

All devices will be scanned again when a new device is detected, which can take a few seconds. Do you not regain control?

All is well now. My sincerest apologies..

No problem - glad its now working.

John

11 hours ago, imperial321 said:

I do not regain control until I have pressed reload all assignments

Ok. I'll check this and see if I can automatically reload on USB device reconnections if/when in a flight. However, better to try and stop the re-connection if possible.

11 hours ago, imperial321 said:

In regards to the USB hub..there is one Fresno logic that continually resets itself to save power no matter what I do...very frustrating..

Is the trim wheel connected to this hub? If so try moving it. In fact, try changing it regardless of the hub you are currently using.

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2021 at 10:35 PM, imperial321 said:

I just checked the hub and gone to windows allowing it to turn off, even though I unchecked it yesterday, always goes to checked..

VERY annoying..Trouble is I need the increase in USB ports...

Treat yourself to a decent powered hub (or PCI card) for christmas! There are various recomendations if you search the forum (and probably more on avsim.com).
This is the one I currently use (and have not had any issues): https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B0797NWDCB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00

John