The simFlight Network Forums

Lua : list lvars with Wasm module.

odrezet77

Hello,

I want to use some of my DIY controls (like flaps lever)

It's working fine with stock aircrafts, lua, sioc and fsuipc offsets. However, it doesn't work with JustFlight's aircraft, as they use Lvars.

With Wasm module configured and enabled, i can list and identify lvars needed. But each time i launch MSFS, i have to run a flight, then launch fsuipc, go to add ons, Wasm and list LVARs. Then, lvars can be used, and it works.

If these actions are not done, then my lua script won't work as needed lvars are not there.

So, is there a way to use an lua script to list lvars and/or use wasm module ?

Thanks for your help,

Kind regards.

Oliver.

1 minute ago, odrezet77 said:

But each time i launch MSFS, i have to run a flight, then launch fsuipc, go to add ons, Wasm and list LVARs. Then, lvars can be used, and it works.

You do not have to list the lvars before using them. Lvars are automatically loaded 5 seconds (by default, changeable using the LvarScanDelay WASM ini parameter) after the aircraft is 'ready-to-fly'. And listing lvars doesn't reload them - it just lists those available (in memory), that have already been received.

3 minutes ago, odrezet77 said:

If these actions are not done, then my lua script won't work as needed lvars are not there.

This sounds strange as lua scripts are not started unless the lvars have been loaded...Maybe they were loaded (do you see any lvars?), but the ones you are using aren't available?

Note that with more complex aircraft, not all lvars are available with the default LvarScanDelay of 5seconds and this may need to be increased.
I have mine set to 45 seconds, which is tuned for the airliners as they seem to take a long time before they are available, especially in the FBW A320.
I also have the Just Flight Arroe III/IV and have no issues with lvars, so maybe try increasing that parameter.

You could add Debug level logging to to the WAPI, which will log further messages so that you can see when the lvars are available.
If you are still having issues, activate that debug logging and show me your FSUIPC7.log file.

Also, make sure you are using the latest version of FSUIPC7, v7.2.13, released a few hours ago (and recompiled against the latest SDK released with SU7).

John

John, 

I do confirm  that i have to click reload and list lvars to see the needed ones Then, all is working fine.

It's same behavior if FSUIPC is launched by (MSFS) or if FSUIPC is launched after MSFS.

It seems to be ok if FSUIPC is launched after MSFS.

Here's the Wapi section of Fsuipc ini file :

[WAPI]
EnableWAPI=Yes
LogSeparately=No
LvarScanDelay=60

The LvarScanDelay does not change anything to this behavior.

You will find my fsuipc.log in attachments.

Oliver

FSUIPC7.log

2 hours ago, odrezet77 said:

LvarScanDelay=60

The LvarScanDelay does not change anything to this behavior.

It won't, as its a WASM ini parameter, not a WAPI one. You need to add it to your FSUIPC_WASM.ini file, either under your Community/fsuipc-lvar-module folder or under your AppData folder, which is better as it then will not be overwritten when you update - please see the Advanced User guide for details.

John

So,

I've tried to this FSUIPC_WASM.ini in some locations, as stated in your post and the documentation :

FSUIPC_WASM.ini 

[General]
; LogLevel: Disable, Info, Debug, Trace, Enable
LogLevel=Debug
; LogType: File, Console, Both
LogType=Both
; StartEventNo: this must be the same as defined in the FSUIPC7.ini file
StartEventNo=0x1FFF0
; LvarUpdateFrequency: frequency to update internal lvar values list and set in CDA
; Accept values: Off, 6Hz, Second, Frame, VisualFrame. If using 'Off', update timer must be active in a client
LvarUpdateFrequency=6Hz
LvarScanDelay=45

Locations :

C:\Users\PCMSFS\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\fsuipc-lvar-module : Same behavior

C:\Users\PCMSFS\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\fsuipc-lvar-module\Work : Same behavior

D:\MSFS\Community\fsuipc-lvar-module : it seems to be ok ! 😊

I will make further tests. Thank you !

Edit : I have a Deluxe Premium DVD Edition. If  it can change something.

8 minutes ago, odrezet77 said:

C:\Users\PCMSFS\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\fsuipc-lvar-module\Work : Same behavior

It should be ok under this folder (although I see I have missed the 'Work' folder in the documentation - I will add/update). Do you see your FSUIPC_WASM.log files there? The FSUIPC_WASM.ini needs to be in the same location as these files. Can you try changing the LogLevel to Debug in the ini file in that location, to see if that has any affect?

15 minutes ago, odrezet77 said:

D:\MSFS\Community\fsuipc-lvar-module : it seems to be ok !

It will work there but that file will get overwritten when you next update, so better to add to the other location really...

John

11 hours ago, odrezet77 said:

if fsuipc_wasm.ini is in the same folder, it doesn't work.

By doesn't work, you mean the LvarScanDelay ini parameter has no effect? The log file you attached seems to indicate that it was loaded correctly, and the Debug level logging was set:

Sat Nov 20 22:03:22 2021   [DEBUG]: Scan delay passed - loading hvars/lvars: timePassed=46, lvarScanDelay=45

11 hours ago, odrezet77 said:

I have to reload to make it working.

Are you saying that you don't see any lvars until after you Reload? If that is the case, are you sure you are not just trying to list the lvars before they have actually been loaded (i.e. longer than 45 seconds after the aircraft was loaded)?
If you think you are having issues, can you also please activate Debug level logging in the WAPI (and also keep activated in the WASM) and send me both your FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC_WASM.log files.

John