The simFlight Network Forums

Battery life

eiketre

Hi

I am using ProSim preview flightmodel for msfs2020. There seems to be a bug with msfs2020, where it drains the  battery even if GPU or APU is connected. In FsUipc7 there is an option to select battery life, but i have not had any success with it (Selected 0 for unlimited).  Do u know if this options work with msfs2020?

Regards

Edited by eiketre

14 hours ago, eiketre said:

In FsUipc7 there is an option to select battery life, but i have not had any success with it (Selected 0 for unlimited).  Do u know if this options work with msfs2020?

I believe this still works in MSFS2020 for some aircraft, but not all, and not for complex add-ons that implement there own (electrical) systems. Setting this option will keep the MSFS simulator variable ELECTRICAL BATTERY VOLTAGE (held at offset 0x2834) either at the same level or will decrease at a lower rate (depending upon the value set).

I haven't used this feature for a while but will check this in a few stock aircraft in MSFS2020, but I cannot check this in ProSim. Maybe @Pete Dowson can comment, as he also uses ProSim (but with P3D/FSUIPC6).

John

On 11/21/2021 at 1:36 PM, John Dowson said:

I haven't used this feature for a while but will check this in a few stock aircraft in MSFS2020

I have done this now and it seems to work as expected in the few default aircraft I tried. As I said, I suspect that ProSim (especially the new version) is using its own electrics implementation, and so this function won't work with that add-on, sorry.

John