The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC V 6.1.0.6 CALIBRATION ISSUES

Greetings,

I am using windows 10 with AMD FX 8370 processor, nvidia GTX 1060 video card and 16GB ram.

I have a honeycomb yoke, ch throttle quadrant and also sometimes use  logitec extreame joystick and xbox controller.

After installing the latest fsuipc  paid version I cannot calibrate some of my levers on my throttle quadrant.

I scan and select the lever I want then chose to send direct to fsuipc for the spoilers and flaps but

when I try to calibrate the number do not move as they did before I upgraded.

At first I had trouble with fsuipc even recognizing the different controllers but after I uninstalled fsuipc completely

and even removed all of my profiles that seemed to be corrected but the calibration issue has be baffled.

I have been calibrating my planes with fsuipc now for over 5 years all the way from fsx, p3d v 3 to p3d v4.5 and this

is the first time I have had an issue that I cant seem to trouble shoot. I have been working with this for about 6 or 7 hours

and think I could use some advice as to what I am doing or not doing that could cause this issue.

I forgot to add that everything I fly is a paid addon plane again thank you in advance for

anything that you can suggest to fix my problem

Gene

InstallFSUIPC6.log FSUIPC6.JoyScan.csv FSUIPC6.ini

9 hours ago, smokeywood said:

After installing the latest fsuipc  paid version I cannot calibrate some of my levers on my throttle quadrant.

What was the previous version that you were using? There were very few changes between this and the previous version, and nothing in the area in which you have issues.

Do you have the same issue in P3Dv4.x and P3Dv5.x (your install log indicates that you have both)?

The FSUIPC6.ini file you posted is also empty - no assignments whatsoever.

I can see that you have also installed FSUIPC6 under your Documents folder. There seem to be issues these days installing under  a Windows protected folder, such as Documents or Program Files. Can you please install in a different location (e.g. C:\FSUIPC6) and try again. First manually run the FSUIPC6 uninstaller, either from your installation folder or using the windows app management panel. Then install into a different location, moving any files you need to keep (such as your .key and .ini) to the new location. Then try again and report back.

Thanks,

John

Greetings,

Thank you for the quick response.

I was using 6.1.4 prior to updating. I have not tried to calibrate anything yet in p3d v5 since

I updated. I will change the install folder sometime today and see if that helps.

One of the issues was that it seems like fsuipc was not finding my controllers when I did a

scan for an axis the letter that was always there was "U" and would not change from that.

I will try your suggestions and get back thank you.

Gene

12 minutes ago, smokeywood said:

One of the issues was that it seems like fsuipc was not finding my controllers when I did a

scan for an axis the letter that was always there was "U" and would not change from that.

Your ini shows you have 3 controllers:

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=CH THROTTLE QUADRANT
0.GUID={12A012B0-5047-11E7-8002-444553540000}
1=Alpha Flight Controls
1.GUID={D8834E10-8BA5-11EA-8001-444553540000}
2=2In1 USB Joystick
2.GUID={C0476F40-752B-11E7-8001-444553540000}
3=Logitech Extreme 3D
3.GUID={8C6B7C00-E28C-11E3-8001-444553540000}

The U is the axis, but which controller was it from? If that keeps registering before you can move the axis you re trying to assign, this usually implies that the axis is jittering, i.e. sending values when not being moved. Click the Ignore Axis button to ignore this for the current assignment session. After you have done this, your other axes should (hopefully) register with movement.

I see you are also not yet using the JoyLetters facility. You should really be using this - just change the AutoAssignLetters ini parameter value from No to Yes (or assign your own letters - see the documentation if you want to do it this way).

19 minutes ago, smokeywood said:

I will try your suggestions and get back thank you.

Ok, let me know.

Cheers,

John

Greetings,

This is what I have tried so far.

I uninstalled fsuipc and reinstalled in a separate folder I modified the ini to auto assign letters

I restarted the sim and loaded one of my planes.

I am still getting jittery movements when scanning for axis but managed to get all of them assigned.

My yoke calibrated ok but when I tried to calibrate my throttle quadrant I got the throttle levers to work

but the levers I assigned to spoiler and flaps when I tried to move them to calibrate the numbers did not

change in the upper and lower windows. I got the high number but instead of getting a large neg number it

just went to zero and the responding controls in the plane did not move.

I am at a loss I have been using this program for years and never had an issue such as this which happened

just kind of out of the blue so to speak.

I am loading all of the files that I hope will help determine what my problem is.

Thank you for your time and help

Gene

FSUIPC6.log FSUIPC6.ini iFLY B737-800.ini FSUIPC6.JoyScan.csv

20 minutes ago, smokeywood said:

the levers I assigned to spoiler

I cannot see any spoiler assignment:

[Axes]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=AX,256,D,9,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle1 }-
1=AY,256,D,10,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle2 }-
2=AR,256,D,23,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Flaps }-
3=AV,256,F,22,0,0,0    -{ TO SIM: Custom control: <22> }-
4=BX,256,D,1,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Aileron }-
5=BY,256,D,2,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-

?

And what is the Custom control?

22 minutes ago, smokeywood said:

I got the high number but instead of getting a large neg number it

just went to zero and the responding controls in the plane did not move.

Did it go directly from the high number to 0? If so, sounds like the axis is registered as a digital / on/off axis. If this is the case, see:

Also, try calibrating the axes you are using for flaps/spoilers first in the windows calibration panel. to see what range of values you get there.

John