The simFlight Network Forums

Set Button action in FSUIPC5.ini

Hello,

I am trying to assign 2 actions to buttons of my throttle using the technique explained in the Advanced Manual  (Format of buttons definition).

I am not a developer and all these things are not familiar to me.

I want to assign the TAB key to a button and the ENTER key to another one. After some studies, I wrote the following statements in the FSUIPC5.ini file but expected actions are not occurring:

16=P7,13,K,4     -{Shifts: TAB}-                       As there is no Key press, I have left K with no data... Is that correct?

20=P7,14,K13,8     -{Key press: ENTER }-      This one looks correct regarding the syntax but it does something else (full throttle...)

The statements in {...} are entered manually by me. 

Can someone help me fixing this?

Thanks

Bruno

2 hours ago, Braudoux said:

I am trying to assign 2 actions to buttons of my throttle using the technique explained in the Advanced Manual  (Format of buttons definition).

But why are you doing this? If you want to assign a key press to a button, just use the left-hand side of the Buttons + Switches assignment UI panel. Just do that and then take a look at how the assignment line looks in your FSUIPC5.ini file afterwards.

The statements in {...} are entered manually by me. 

You shouldn't do that either - these comments/annotations are automatically generated.

16=P7,13,K,4     -{Shifts: TAB}-                       As there is no Key press, I have left K with no data... Is that correct?

No. You need a number - use 0 if assigning to a modifier on its own, and you need to add 8 to the shifts, so should be:

16=P7,13,K0,12

You need to do this one by editing your ini, as you need to give a non-modifier key when assigning in the UI.

20=P7,14,K13,8     -{Key press: ENTER }-      This one looks correct regarding the syntax but it does something else (full throttle...)

Maybe the ENTER key is assigned somewhere to the full throttle control?
Try activating logging for Buttons and Key operations, as well as Events (non-axis controls) and see what is logged when you press the assigned button.

If you require any further assistance, please also attach your FSUIPC5.ini file the next time so I can see your actual assignments.

And, if you are manually editing your FSUIPC5.ini file, make sure that you reload the changes in the UI if FSUIPC is running.

John

16 hours ago, John Dowson said:

But why are you doing this? If you want to assign a key press to a button, just use the left-hand side of the Buttons + Switches assignment UI panel. Just do that and then take a look at how the assignment line looks in your FSUIPC5.ini file afterwards.

Hello John,

I did that because the TAB and ENTER buttons are not recognized when I press them...

Now, thanks to your latest explanations, I have understood and successfully set my 2 buttons. 
Thanks for your patience but keep in mind that what is obvious for you is not always the same for us...

Cheers

Bruno