The simFlight Network Forums

New User - can't open or see FSUIPC7 in MSFS 2020

Jonti

Hi - I'm a new (but old user of original FSUIPC4 & 6) and I'm a bit lost re MSFS 2020 - I installed the trial version into MSFS 2020 but I can't find anywhere to bring up FSUIPC options (like we used to do in FSX) is it supposed to be visible somewhere? I tried finding instructions and also could not find anything that would say what to click somewhere to bring up the interface. All I wanted to do is see if I can alter the trim rate input of joystick buttons / if this would be possible I can buy it. But right now all I can do is ALT F - but I don't see anything inside of MSFS actually that is FSUIPC?? I'm sure this is something really obvious but I simply dont see it?  R Jon

4 minutes ago, Jonti said:

Hi - I'm a new (but old user of original FSUIPC4 & 6) and I'm a bit lost re MSFS 2020 - I installed the trial version into MSFS 2020 but I can't find anywhere to bring up FSUIPC options (like we used to do in FSX) is it supposed to be visible somewhere? I tried finding instructions and also could not find anything that would say what to click somewhere to bring up the interface. All I wanted to do is see if I can alter the trim rate input of joystick buttons / if this would be possible I can buy it. But right now all I can do is ALT F - but I don't see anything inside of MSFS actually that is FSUIPC?? I'm sure this is something really obvious but I simply dont see it?

Please see the provide documentation, especially the Installation and Registration guide as well as the User guide.

As FSUIPC7 is an executable, it tuns outside of MSFS. Previous versions of FSUIPC where dll's and were embedded within the FS.
When you run FSUIPC7, it displays a splash screen and the iconises to your system tray. You can access it from there, or use the ALT + F hot key to display the main window, as you have found out. You cannot access FSUIPC7 from within the MSFS menu system.

John

Thank you - so ALT-F is the main UI to the program? i.e. it is no longer possible to do advanced things like we used to be able to do in previous versions of FS / like buttins and axis adjustments? I only see options to log things not set things? I just re-read the installation guide - but I don't see anything there that enables the UI into the typical functions of before? May be this is just not what FSUIPC does anymore and I'm too stuck in past? 

1 minute ago, Jonti said:

i.e. it is no longer possible to do advanced things like we used to be able to do in previous versions of FS / like buttins and axis adjustments? I only see options to log things not set things? I just re-read the installation guide - but I don't see anything there that enables the UI into the typical functions of before? May be this is just not what FSUIPC does anymore and I'm too stuck in past? 

Sounds like you are using an unregistered version. Did you download the trial license and place in your FSUIPC7 installation folder?
The trial license is available from here: 

Only a couple of days left on the trial license. I will update on the 2nd or 3rd of December.

John

Erm - no I did not. It says this:

TRY-BEFORE-YOU-BUY
First download and install the demo version and check functionality!
The demo version is the product installation file; there is no other download!
By reading this I thought it was a time limited version or something - it sort of says there is nothing else to do... it does not mention a registration key. 

2 minutes ago, Jonti said:

Erm - no I did not. It says this:

You need to look in the product description:

You can also try the registered facilities using a trial license, available here:
  https://forum.simflight.com/topic/92702-fsuipc7-trial-license-available-here/

I don't include the trial license in the download for various reasons....you have to download it separately and install it if you want to try the registered facilities.

John

Okay - re-reading it does say this also, so I guess I downloaded the wrong thing. It says TRY BEFORE YOU BUY, then directly below it links to the download. Sorry but it confused me. How do I then get a temp version so I can test this trim rate button input adjustment? 

Okay - re-reading it does say this also, so I guess I downloaded the wrong thing. It says TRY BEFORE YOU BUY, then directly below it links to the download. Sorry but it confused me. How do I then get a temp version so I can test this trim rate button input adjustment? 

Just now, Jonti said:

so I guess I downloaded the wrong thing

No you didn't.

There is only one version of FSUIPC7, which provides the unregistered facilities if no license is available, and will provide the full functionality if you add a license, either the time-trial one or a full license that you receive on purchase.
You always need to download the FSUIPC7 installer, which you did. If you want to try the registered facilities, you then need to download and install the trial license as well.

3 minutes ago, Jonti said:

okay - I got the key. Sorry for my confusion. I knew something was up! 

Ok.

John

Just testing this today.....Is there a way to increase button rate input? Perhaps I imagined that! I thought I once did this a few years back. The issue is the elevator trim input on a MSFS 2020 addon aircraft is really slow (nothing like the real aircraft) it is a PA 28 from a well known publisher - no idea how they managed to get that so wrong, it is about half the rate of change of the default Cessna which is actually about right vs real world. In FSX days I'd simply change this in aircraft.cfg but I can't do that anymore as there is no aircraft.cfg (at least that I can see).

8 minutes ago, Jonti said:

The issue is the elevator trim input on a MSFS 2020 addon aircraft is really slow (nothing like the real aircraft) it is a PA 28 from a well known publisher - no idea how they managed to get that so wrong, it is about half the rate of change of the default Cessna which is actually about right vs real world. In FSX days I'd simply change this in aircraft.cfg but I can't do that anymore as there is no aircraft.cfg (at least that I can see).

The standard way of doing this is to use the elevator trim offset (0x0BC0) with the Offset Sword Increment/Decrement controls. See this post: 

John