The simFlight Network Forums

Message "This is a Beta copy of FSUIPC which has expired on 30/02/21"

Hi

a customer of ours reported that he was getting the message attached to this topic. This happened after replacing an empty mainboard battery.

I uninstalled the current version and purchased a new FSUIPC v6 license from Simmarket and installed this new version. When starting P3D v4.5 though P3D reported a problem with a wrong module version (unfortunately I don't have a screenshot of this message, the computers are place in Ireland and not easily accessible from Switzerland).

I tried to reproduce this issue on a PC at the office, installing P3D and FSUIPC v6.0.3 (the same version installed on the customers PC) and changing the computer date. In this case P3D did not start properly, displaying a message "A licensing error has been detected. Error 5022: Invalid system time. Please correct your computer's system time". I did that and everything worked fine (I just had to activate P3D again). Thus I could not reproduce the issue here. 

Is this a known issue?

Thanks for any hints

Peter

FSUIPC_BETA_Message.png

First, you are using an old version of FSUIPC6. The current version is 6.1.6 - please update as only the latest version is sipported.

2 hours ago, PDickenmann said:

Is this a known issue?

But what exactly is the issue? I cannot help if you do not let me know what the problem is. Maybe check (and attach) the FSUIPC6.log.
If its a registration issue, you (or your customer) needs to re-run the installer to register the purchased license (and remember to click the Register button to generate the FSUIPC6.key file).

John

1 minute ago, PDickenmann said:

I will try to get the various messages and the FSUIPC log file from the customers computer and post it here.

Ok, thanks, And please make sure they are using the latest version of FSUIPC6. and get them to check/validate the license during installation.
Temporary/time-limited licenses will not be validated by the installer, but if the user has a full license they can validate the details at the end of the installation process .

John

Hi John

just had a remote session with the customer where I made some screenshots and copied various log files. The problem seems to relate to SimConnect, at least that is what the FSUIPC log file is saying. 

The P3D version is 4.1.7.22841

After installing FSUIPC version 6.1.6 I started P3D and confirmed that the FSUIPC6 add-on shall be enabled. 

When clicking on "Yes" the message:

"This version of Prepar3D is not supported by this version of FSUIPC! Use at your own risk"

was displayed. Clicking on "OK" the next message pops up:

"Memory problems detected! Operations restricted"

And then the "Prepar3D exe has stopped working".

I then ran all the different SimConnect.msi (except of course the FSX-RTM-JPM and the FSX-SP1-RUS versions), but the problem persisted.

I cannot figure out how this can happen after just a change of the mainboard batteries, and most probably this has nothing to do with FSUIPC but with Simconnect, thus this would be the wrong place for this topic. But maybe you have come across a similar issue and may have a hint?

The documents attached are some of the log files created on the computer (there are more, but due to size limitations I could not add them here).

Thanks a lot and kind regards

Peter

FSUIPC.log FSUIPC4 Install.log

7 minutes ago, PDickenmann said:

The P3D version is 4.1.7.22841

The latest version of FSUIPC6 is only compatible with P3Dv4.3 and later. You should update your P3Dv4 installation to the latest available - there is no reason not to do this, it is a free upgrade. Compatibility with P3Dv4.1 was removed many versions ago...

10 minutes ago, PDickenmann said:

I cannot figure out how this can happen after just a change of the mainboard batteries

I cannot see how this happened after a mainboard battery change either, unless you (or your customer) was previously using an older v4.1 compatible version of FSUIPC6.

Regards,

John 

Hi John

thank you for the superfast reply. Yes, the customer was using an older FSUIPC version, which began showing the message "This is a beta copy of FSUIPC which has expired on 30/02/21" after the change of the PC date because of the mainboard battery. I then tried to install the current FSUIPC version and got the other messages. I was not aware that the P3D version currently in use was not supported anymore by this FSUIPC version.

I will update the P3D version on the PC then.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Peter