The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC can't read weather anymore

Hi to all, I'm using VoxATC and ASP3D in P3dv5.2 mostly flying the PMDG7478i  and since a few days I have the strange problem that VoxATC ATIS always gives me winds calm no matter what ASP3D metar for departure is. Today I realised that the FSUIPC weather log also has the issue of calm winds, with ???? where the airport locator should be iin its metars. It seem as if  FSUIPC could not detect the airport at which the aircraft is located. Here is the extract of the log file:

388563 Weather Read request (At Aircrft) to area 4: Lat=37.61, Lon=-122.36, Alt=7.8, Req=2
   388625 Weather Received (type 4 request, Interpolated): "????&A0 171801Z 00000KT&D3NG 100KM&B-450&D5450 CLR 10/05 Q1014 "
   388625 WX Received in (62 mSecs), WX request type 4, Lat=37.6118, Lon=-122.3584, Alt=7.8m

Perhaps anybody can help me out here, since I've no idea why this happens. Please find the full log of the short session attached.

FSUIPC6.1.log

50 minutes ago, draci said:

It seem as if  FSUIPC could not detect the airport at which the aircraft is located.

FSUIPC doesn't use any airport ID for weather. It merely asks (through SimConnect) for the weather at the aircraft. 

From the log I see also that the main weather reported is the GLOBal setting. There are no reports from any WX stations.

This must be a problem on your P3D installation, or the weather program.

Pete

Sorry Pete, to bother you again, but do I understand your quick reply correctly that I have a wrong setting in P3D weather or Active Sky? II'm not aware of any global option...I don't understand why P3D reflects the correct weather conditions reported by active sky and FSUIPC doesn't use them. I have no idea what I could have messed up here? <not even reinstalling the P3D client helped...

25 minutes ago, draci said:

Sorry Pete, to bother you again, but do I understand your quick reply correctly that I have a wrong setting in P3D weather or Active Sky?

Sorry back. I don't know. All I can tell from the log is that it isn't really reporting local WX stations, only what SimConnect says is the weather "at the aircraft" and otherwise only the global default, nothing local.

I don't know how that's achieved with Active Sky. Are you sure it is installed and working okay?

Pete