The simFlight Network Forums

Rotaries Lua

Reco

Hi all

I' m sure this topic has being covered so my apologises. I have placed the rotaries lua from the samples folder into the main fsuipc folder. Do I now in fsuipc select the lua rotaries and enter the parameter ie Kohlsman increase to get fast rotaries to work and do this for each rotary encoder 

Regards 

Rhys  

7 hours ago, Reco said:

Do I now in fsuipc select the lua rotaries and enter the parameter ie Kohlsman increase to get fast rotaries to work and do this for each rotary encoder 

No. The lua Rotaries script should be auto-ran from the [Auto] (or profile [Auto.xxx]) section of your FSUIPC6.ini file. The way it works is to change the rotary 'button press' in each direction to a fast/slow virtual button press in each direction. You therefore need to assign in the FSUIPC Buttons + Switches tab to the fast/slow event (or offset) control to each of these virtual buttons. If you turn the rotary and you see the physical button number number rather than the virtual one, you can use the ini parameter IgnoreThese to ignore those physical buttons - you can do this while the assignments dialog is open and then click 'Reload all buttons' for this to take affect.

Cheers,

John

Hi John

Thanks for the reply, Looking at the sample lua do I manual change the vendor card to my bodnar card Im using  CTS 288 rotary encoders . I'm a newbie to lua and just trying to get my head around them

Regards 

Rhys  

• 2 weeks later...

Simple question:

Propwashsims sells the single and dual rotary encoder both with 2 pulses per detent (type 2 encoder).

Leobodnar sells the dual encoder with2 pulses per detent (type 2 encoder) and the single encoder with 1 pulse per detent (type 1 encoder).

Is the script in rotaries.lua compatible with both types? If not does it require an update to the script for type two encoders?

Thank You,

Van

13 hours ago, vangyver said:

Is the script in rotaries.lua compatible with both types? If not does it require an update to the script for type two encoders?

The rotaries.lua script is used when only one button press is available in each direction. It looks at the timing between each press/pulse to determine if it is a 'fast' click/pulse or a slow click/pulse and converts each to an appropriate virtual button press, so that you can assign to both the fast and slow movement in each direction.
If you already have a distinct pulse/button press for fast/slow in each direction, you can assign directly to those button presses rather than using the rotaries.lua.

However, if using two-phase type rotary switches, where turning the spindle one way gives pulses on two lines phase shifted one way, and turning the spindle the other way gives the opposite phase relationship, then see the Advanced User guide (P23) for details on how to assign to such rotaries.

John