The simFlight Network Forums

Reverse prop SWS Kodiak 100

ATCmiker

Please help, I am trying and failing to get my Saitek X52 to work with the Kodiak reverse thrust. I have followed a number of posts on here but with no luck. I also now seem to have my Fuel Condition linked to my throttle and cannot unbind it.

Is there a way to delete all so I can start again?

Can anyone help me with an idiots guide to mapping my X52 to the reverse prop thrust BETA ?

Or is it just the X52 is rubbish and wont work?

I appreciate any helpful  hints or tips (inc getting rid of the X52) Yolk is out of the question I dont have enough room.

4 hours ago, ATCmiker said:

I am trying and failing to get my Saitek X52 to work with the Kodiak reverse thrust. I have followed a number of posts on here but with no luck.

It always helps if you can attach your FSUIPC7.ini and FSUIPC7.log files, to see what you have currently assigned.

For the saitek X52, make sure that you have not installed any saitek software or drivers. If do, unplug your devices, uninstall any saitek software or drivers, and then reboot. Re-connect your X52 and then let windows install default drivers. I have the X52 and use this without issues on my development machine so there really shouldn't be any issues using these controllers with FSUIPC.

As for your issue with the SWS Kodiak 100, I cannot help with this as this is an add-on aircraft that I do not own. I think you first need to understand how reverse thrust is controlled in that aircraft - does it use the reverse thrust toggle control? Is it using the *_EX1 controls for thrust? How do you control reverse thrust if assigning in MSFS?
These are questions for the Kodak support forum (flightsim.com) - I cannot answer these, not having the aircraft.

Regards,

John

12 hours ago, ATCmiker said:

how do I find my ini and log files?

They are in your FSUIPC7 installation folder. If you don't know where that is, you can open it in Windows Explorer using the File -> Open Installation Folder... menu option in FSUIPC7. If you cannot see the files, you probably have Explorer configured to hide extensions of known file types. If this is the case, see the Addendum at the end of the Installing and Registering FSUIPC7.pdf.

Please be aware that support is also closed now until 3rd January, that is, I am on holiday. I may cover a few outstanding requests, but most will now have to wait.
Please check the provided documentation, and there is also a lot of information in these support forums. However, for specific information on add-ons you may need to try the add-on developer' support.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Saitek TQ and at the bottom of the throttle axis there is a switch (T6 in this case) which is activated when the throttle lever is pulled all the way back. The button assignment below works with the Kodiak 100 to move the Kodiak's throttle lever into the Beta/Reverse range.  I am not familiar with the Saitek X52, but perhaps the below will provide some useful clues that might work with the X52.

Al

image.png.069624b874279bc50ce3d031badcdf80.png

• Like 1

BTW, similar to the above, the Saitek TQ has a switch (T7) at the bottom of the Prop axis, and the button assignment below works to move the Kodiak 100 Prop lever into the Feather range when the Saitek prop lever is pulled all the way back to activate the switch.

Al

image.png.f0d0aa439395b192a75d90e1aeab1aca.png

• Like 1

On 12/22/2021 at 11:30 AM, ATCmiker said:

I am trying and failing to get my Saitek X52 to work with the Kodiak reverse thrust

Reverse thrust (toggle) has apparently been fixed in the latest update (1.21.18.0) for the aircraft that use that control, although I do not know if this applies to the Kodiak. Did you get it working?
See this thread on the Asobo forums: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/reverse-thrust-broken/472181

John

• 1 month later...

John,

Thank for the reply. Yes I got it all to work but outside of FSUIPC7 I managed assign a button on the X52 to put the Kodiak into Reverse thrust, I do have to push the throttle forward mind and press the button but seems to work fine.

Thanks for your time

Mike