The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC6 Addon Option goes to Black Screen for P3D v5

I've been a long time user of FSUIPC4, 5 and 6. I have FSUIPC6 on P3D v5, and the button configurations are still working. However, lately when I go to the Addons > FSUIPC6 menu, it goes to a black screen and I can't do anything by ALT-F4, which gives me the P3D exit popup.

The only notable changes I have made was that I installed FSUIPC7 for MSFS2020 (I would also FSUIPC7 wouldn't have any issues with FSUIPC6 installed) and have rearranged monitors and resolution rate. Is there a configuration parameter in where the FSUIPC addon panel loads up at a certain screen x,y location?

Any help to troubleshoot what is happening here would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

5 hours ago, Sea2Sky said:

However, lately when I go to the Addons > FSUIPC6 menu, it goes to a black screen 

Opening FSUIPC6 will make the P3D window go black. Do you not see the FSUIPC6 main window? If not, it is possible that it is being displayed outside if your screen coordinates. If this is the case, delete the ini parameter OptionsDialogOffset from the [General] section of your FSUIPC6.ini file.

I can't do anything by ALT-F4, which gives me the P3D exit popup.

Not sure what you mean by this...Alt +F4 is the P3D default hot key to exit P3D, which is why you see that pop-up. I think Alt + F is the default hot key to open FSUIPC^, but this is defined by the InvokeFSUIPCOptionsKey ini parameter.

I have made was that I installed FSUIPC7 for MSFS2020 (I would also FSUIPC7 wouldn't have any issues with FSUIPC6 installed)

There are no issues or conflicts between FSUIPC6 and FSUIPC7.

and have rearranged monitors and resolution rate. Is there a configuration parameter in where the FSUIPC addon panel loads up at a certain screen x,y location?

Yes, this will be the issue. Look at (and remove) the ini parameter OptionsDialogOffset and maybe also ConsoleWindow (which stores the windows coordinates of the FSUIPC console window).

John

• Like 1

Hey John,

Thanks for the advice. It was indeed the OptionsDialogOffset that stored my old display data, therefore preventing the FSUIPC popup to appear on screen.

"I can't do anything by ALT-F4" > Typo, should have read "anything but ALT-4".  Good tip on InvokeFSUIPCOptionsKey , as I haven't set up the FSUIPC shortcut key.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1