The simFlight Network Forums

Width of FSUIPC7 Dropdown Menus

Scotfleiger

12 minutes ago, Scotfleiger said:

For example, the Activate HVAR  and Button & Switch Assignment panels.

hvar names don't appear in the assignments drop-down, or do you mean when in a macro file?
The same issue should also apply to lvars, no?

I understand the issue, but if they are in a macro then they should be ordered by index number (or alphabetical, not sure which without checking) so should be relatively easy to determine which is the correct entry.

I can look into allowing more characters/space in the drop-downs and panels, but this will be low priority - I'll do this when I have some other updates to these panels which are in the pipeline.

John

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 5:32 PM, John Dowson said:

I can look into allowing more characters/space in the drop-downs and panels, but this will be low priority - I'll do this when I have some other updates to these panels which are in the pipeline.

Now done, will be included in the next release.

John

• 6 months later...

The next release will have the presets in a separate menu, available on a new checkbox. With this version, I will remove the 'Preset' prefix, so more characters are visible.
I will also consider increasing the width of the menu if needed, once the 'Preset' prefix has been removed.

John

Hi @VBV234

You could try the attached version, the latest beta, which has presets in a separate menu with the 'Preset:' prefix removed as well as allowing a few more characters in the menu items. There are still a few preset names that don't fit completely, but you should be able to distinguish between them/

Use the attached exe to replace your current one.

John

FSUIPC7.exe

18 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Hi @VBV234

You could try the attached version, the latest beta, which has presets in a separate menu with the 'Preset:' prefix removed as well as allowing a few more characters in the menu items. There are still a few preset names that don't fit completely, but you should be able to distinguish between them/

Use the attached exe to replace your current one.

John

FSUIPC7.exe 636.5 kB · 1 download

Hi John,

Thx for the beta.

I'll test it, but at first glance it is a great improvement already

Jacob