The simFlight Network Forums

Setting up rotary knobs of TM Boeing Throttle for PMDG 777

Hello,

I`m trying to set up the rotary knobs of the Thrustmaster Boeing edition for my PMDG B777. Here, I want to set the heading selection to one and the altitude selection to another knob.

I managed so far to set the PMDG B777 specific heading select event (MCP_HEADING_SELECTOR - 71812) and the altitude select event (MCP_ALTITUDE_SELECTOR - 71882) to the knobs by using the custom control function and parameters 1 and 0 (for released).

When I turn the knobs to the right (clockwise), the numbers increase as intended. However, I did not find a setting to trigger a drecrease of the numbers when turning the knobs to the left (counter clockwise).

Could you please advise how to set the knobs up to enable a decrease when turning to the left.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Tilo

Hi Tilo,

2 hours ago, twilfert said:

Could you please advise how to set the knobs up to enable a decrease when turning to the left.

As I don't have the PMDG 777 and do not know how their custom events work, it is difficult for me to advise. However, if they do not provide increment and decrement controls/events, then maybe they use the parameter on the event to determine the increment decrement value? You said:

2 hours ago, twilfert said:

I managed so far to set the PMDG B777 specific heading select event (MCP_HEADING_SELECTOR - 71812) and the altitude select event (MCP_ALTITUDE_SELECTOR - 71882) to the knobs by using the custom control function and parameters 1 and 0 (for released).

Have you tried assigning to the rotary decrement buttons to the same but with a parameter of -1 (for press) and 0 (for release)?
If that doesn't work, then maybe ask about this on the PMDG support forums.

John

Hi John,

thanks for your quick reply even on a Sunday...

I tried the negative values but it didn`t work. I opened a ticket with PMDG. I will share any solution with you any solution in this forum since I expect that other users might run into similar issues.

Tilo

• John Dowson changed the title to Setting up rotary knobs of TM Boeing Throttle for PMDG 777
13 hours ago, twilfert said:

I tried the negative values but it didn`t work. I opened a ticket with PMDG. I will share any solution with you any solution in this forum since I expect that other users might run into similar issues.

Ok, thanks, please do.

I have just noticed that you had posted this topic in  the User Contributions sub-forum, where it states NOT for support requests. I have moved your post to the main support forum, and also updated the title to clarify that this is for the PMDG 777.

John

13 hours ago, Luke Kolin said:

You can't just use 1 and 0, the SDK has constants for simulating left and right clicks.

Cheers!

Hi Luke,

thanks for the hint. Would you know where to find these SDK values for heading and altitude setting?

Thank you very much in advance.

Tilo

14 hours ago, Luke Kolin said:

You can't just use 1 and 0, the SDK has constants for simulating left and right clicks.

Yes, of course! Forgot about that - thanks Luke.

1 hour ago, twilfert said:

Would you know where to find these SDK values for heading and altitude setting?

Please see 

John

16 hours ago, twilfert said:

thanks for the hint. Would you know where to find these SDK values for heading and altitude setting?

Look in the header file that is provided with the SDK; it should list the control number. You will also want to look at the MOUSE_FLAG constants to see what value to pass to the control.

Cheers!

Hi John and Luke,

I followed your advice, found the following and did as advised:

1. The event numbers that I used from the beginning were the right ones. So, no change for the custom control numbers were needed.

2. The issue was with the parameter values. I searched for MOUSE_FLAG commands in the SDK header file, selected the mouse wheel up and down values, inserted them starting with the x and that was all.

The knobs work as intended now:))

Thank you very much for your help. Now, I understand much better the FSUIPC tool as well as the SDK system...

Kind regards,

Tilo