The simFlight Network Forums

Brake Axes Question

ark1320

The calibration entries for my brakes in my FSUIPC7.ini file look like the below. What does the /16 indicate?  I don't see anything like that on any other of my axes. Is that a setting I have control over?

LeftBrake=-16384,16383/16
RightBrake=-16384,16383/16

EDIT: Also, my Steering Tiller axis is:      SteeringTiller=-16380,-1024,1024,16380/8      My understanding is that the input range from -1024 to +1024 defines a dead zone centered on 0.  Is my understanding correct? And again, similar to the above, I don't know where the /8 came from.

Thanks very much,

Al

On 1/14/2022 at 5:36 PM, ark1320 said:

What does the /16 indicate?

It is the delta value - inly value changes greater or equal to this are sent to the FS.

My understanding is that the input range from -1024 to +1024 defines a dead zone centered on 0.  Is my understanding correct?

Yes.

John

20 hours ago, John Dowson said:

What does the /16 indicate?

It is the delta value - inly value changes greater or equal to this are sent to the FS.

When I look at the Delta box value in the axes assignments tab, I see values like 256, not 16.  And not all my axes in the FSUIPC7.ini file have a /n after them, but they all have a Delta value on the axes assignments tab when I do a rescan and move the axis. Do default delta values of 256 not show up in the ini file? After a rescan and the axis is moved, does the Delta box value reflect the currently assigned Delta value?

Thanks,

Al

PS: Hope you had a good holiday!

Sorry Al, I was mistaken. They are the bit-oriented calibration flags:

2^3 (8) = Filter

2^4 (16) = Reverse

2^5  (32) = No Reverse Zone

The delta values are in the axis assignments, as you rightly say.

14 hours ago, ark1320 said:

PS: Hope you had a good holiday!

Yes, thanks, but far too short....!

John

• Like 1