The simFlight Network Forums

Increase baro adjustment speed (MSFS2020)

Hi

I have a rotary encoder (via a Leo Bodnar BBI-32 button box interface) for setting the barometer (Kohlsman/Kollsman). It works fine but is very slow, as there is only single digit increase with no 'fast' option listed within FSUIPC.

For my other rotary encoders, I simply use compound settings to have 'fast' output mapped as the standard output of the rotary, and a modifier button that switches the output to the normal increment.

However, there is no 'fast' option for the barometer listed within FSUIPC (as far as I can see anyway) so this method is not available.

Is it possible to increase the speed/increments of this control using another method or is it a sim limitation?

Edited by TwoSuits
Added MSFS to title.

• TwoSuits changed the title to Increase baro adjustment speed (MSFS2020)
12 hours ago, TwoSuits said:

Is it possible to increase the speed/increments of this control using another method or is it a sim limitation?

The standard method of doing this when no fast controls are available, is to use offsets. The Kohlsman setting is held in offset 0x0330 as a 2-byte integer (also 0x0332). You can assign to the control Offset Uword Increment/Decrement control, specifying the inc/dec value you wish to use. Try logging the offset first and manually changing the baro setting to see what sort of in/dec value you need.