The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS Lua scripting and automation in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Hesynergy

i had a ton of fun refreshing my flight sim and programming chops writing “LilBlueDonuts”, https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/46261-lilbluedonuts  Its an AngleOfAttack HUD for X-Plane using “FlyWithLua” which combined the Lua language with almost ALL of the X-Plane LVARS. I really miss playing with programming and flight simming and the camaraderie of like-minded folks. . I am looking into furthering my understanding of flight-simming and external control, by duplicating the function of LBD” in MSFS. I will start trying “Linda with FSUIPC7. Can anyone suggest a similar IDE?  Thanks, !

Sending protective and healing “ Vibes” to you and your loved ones!

Chas

First, I have moved your post to the FSUIPC7 / MSFS sub-forum. You can post in the User Contributions section once you have your contribution available!

1 hour ago, Hesynergy said:

I will start trying “Linda with FSUIPC7. Can anyone suggest a similar IDE?

Not sure what you mean by IDE in this context - I would have though that most of the common IDEs (Visual Studio, Netbeans, Eclipse, etc) would support lua.
I don't see the need and just use Notepad++ for my scripts.

LINDA is the only high-level lua solution for use with FSUIPC7 as far as I am aware, although I wouldn't class this as an IDE for lua, but it may also serve that purpose I guess (I don't use this myself). You could try asking over on the LINDA support forum: https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/429-linda-support/

Cheers,

John