The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC no longer working correctly after sim freezes

Hi to all,

I occasionally get sim freezes of a few seconds on long haul flights. Whenever such a freezes takes longer than usual (eg 5 seconds) FSUIPC logs the freeze and afterwards doesn't work correctly anymore: I can't use my lua plugins anymore, if I want to open FSUIPC GUI via Add-ons menu all the tabs are empty! Also Active Sky seems to behave very strangely: after download clouds get injected and stay for half second, then they disappear and skies remain clear for the rest of the flight, even if metar says overcast. I tried to make the simconnect_stall-time larger in the FSUIPC.ini  (12 sec) but that didn't help much. Here's the relevant log part:

1439953 ### Mode: PAUSE on
  1801891 ### Mode is NORMAL
  7377110 ### Mode: FREEZE_ATT on FREEZE_ALT on FREEZE_LATLON on
  7436563 ### Mode is NORMAL
 12464485 **** Restarting traffic scanning due to non-reception ***

My flight still continues without crash but FSUIPC quit logging which indicated for me that is does no longer consider the sim running. I'm running latest P3Dv5.3 with HF2 and latest FSUIPC6 registered version. Is there a way to prevent FSUIPC from quitting?

Regards draci

The full log is attached for convenience.

FSUIPC6.log

Hi Draci,

20 hours ago, draci said:

Whenever such a freezes takes longer than usual (eg 5 seconds) FSUIPC logs the freeze and afterwards doesn't work correctly anymore: I can't use my lua plugins anymore, if I want to open FSUIPC GUI via Add-ons menu all the tabs are empty!

This is VERY strange! I don't really have a clue on what could be causing this.... The 'Mode: FREEZE_ATT...' log line is just a log message of events received from the FS - FSUIPC just logs these and takes no action, so it should not affect any functionality. There are no messages indicating simconnect data stalled or FSUIPC reconnected either, so it looks like data is still being received. 

My flight still continues without crash but FSUIPC quit logging which indicated for me that is does no longer consider the sim running. I'm running latest P3Dv5.3 with HF2 and latest FSUIPC6 registered version. Is there a way to prevent FSUIPC from quitting?

FSUIPC is not quitting.  In fact, you have a log message from a lot later:
    12464485 **** Restarting traffic scanning due to non-reception ****
and no shutdown messages, so either FSUIPC was still running when you attached the log file, or it has crashed. If P3D is still running, then FSUIPC is still running.
Vheck the windows event viewer though, to see if windows is logging anything there when this occurs - show me anything relevant you find there.

I tried to make the simconnect_stall-time larger in the FSUIPC.ini  (12 sec) but that didn't help much. Here's the relevant log part:

Try setting the stall times to negative numbers - this will then just log a message when stalled rather than re-connecting. Use the following:
    TrafficStallTime=-1
    NormalStallTime=-1

Also activate logging for Buttons & Key presses as well as Events. If you do this, the next time you get this issue try pressing an assigned button and see what gets logged - you can attach the log again here and I will take a look.

John