The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC6,Panel Clickable points not working

P3Dv4, Win 10, Saitek Flight Yoke System. FSUIPC6 for control. Have been successful programming all axis, buttons and switches except one, the red button on the right yoke handle.

Keys also seem to work however the clickable area and Keys Shift +2 and Shift +7 which worked with P3d control no longer work to bring up the GTN750.

I am using my Registered FSUIPC. 

14 hours ago, oldandgray said:

Have been successful programming all axis, buttons and switches except one, the red button on the right yoke handle.

What is the problem with assigning to this button - is it recognised by FSUIPC when you press it?

14 hours ago, oldandgray said:

Keys also seem to work however the clickable area and Keys Shift +2 and Shift +7 which worked with P3d control no longer work to bring up the GTN750.

Not sure what you mean by 'clickable area' on this context - what has this got to do with key presses? Can you please explain.

Are you sending key presses to P3D via button assignments, or assigning key presses in FSUIPC to send controls?

Could you show me your FSUIPC6.ini and FSUIPC6.log files. For the latter, activate logging first for Buttons & Keypresses as well as for Events (non-axis controls), and generate a log where you press your keys or buttons that are not working as expected, and I will take a look.

John

Good morning, Clickable area meaning on the Instrument Panel, for example the GNS530 or GTN750 Navigation Instrument, Mouse clicking the top of the Instrument would bring that Instrument up in a larger view. That is a feature using P3d for Control. Using Shift +2 would also acomplish the same function. Neither of these actions work now that I have chosen FSUIPC as control.

The red button on P3d allowed a series of different view from outside the Aircraft . ( click once Spot view,click twice side view, etc. I cannot remember how many views but more thqn 3. The view was full screen not just a small view.

Don not know what logs or their location, would you kindly give me some help there. My signature is quite accurate 👴

51 minutes ago, oldandgray said:

Clickable area meaning on the Instrument Panel, for example the GNS530 or GTN750 Navigation Instrument, Mouse clicking the top of the Instrument would bring that Instrument up in a larger view. That is a feature using P3d for Control.

FSUIPC will not affect any features like this in P3D. Maybe try renaming the FSUIPC6.dll to FSUIPC6.dll.unused (temporarily) so that it is not running to see if this is still working as you expect in P3D.

55 minutes ago, oldandgray said:

Using Shift +2 would also acomplish the same function. Neither of these actions work now that I have chosen FSUIPC as control.

So shift+2 is assigned to accomplish this (default assignment) in the sim? This should still work, unless you have changed this or assigned the same keypress in FSUIPC.

57 minutes ago, oldandgray said:

The red button on P3d allowed a series of different view from outside the Aircraft . ( click once Spot view,click twice side view, etc. I cannot remember how many views but more thqn 3. The view was full screen not just a small view.

So you had the red button assigned in P3D to achieve this? Did you assign to the same control in FSUIPC? Do you have controllers still active in P3D or are they disabled?

I am still unsure of what your actual issue is, or where your assignments are. Can you attach your FSUIPC6.log and FSIOPC6.ini files which may give me more of a clue as to what you are asking...

1 hour ago, oldandgray said:

Don not know what logs or their location, would you kindly give me some help there.

Your FSUIPC6.log and FSUIPC6.ini files are located in your FSUIPC6 installation folder. If you do not know where that is (you should do - you installed it and chose or accepted the default installation location...) then use the Open Folder button in the FSUIPC6 logging tab. This will open a windows explorer panel showing the FSUIPC6 installation folder. If you cannot see the .log and/or .ini files, you have explorer configured to hide known file types. Change your explorer options so that you can see the correct file extensions (consult the appendix in the installation manual if you do not know how to do this). 

1 hour ago, oldandgray said:

My signature is quite accurate

No idea what this means! What 'signature'?

John

2 hours ago, oldandgray said:

Don not know what logs or their location, would you kindly give me some help there. My signature is quite accurate 👴

Hi,

In the directory, where FSUIPC was installed, you will find files FSUIPC6.ini and FSUIPC6.log. John need these files to check your configuration. Attach these files to the posting (don't copy the content here).

Rgds
Reinhard

Thanks for the suggestions, as I mentioned my signature is accurate when it comes to this stuff, I'm old and my brain grey matter is too.

Have searched throughout C and D (P3D location) and have found in P3d a number of FSUIPC dll's and PDF's but nowhere can I find a FSUIPC6.ini or .log folder or file.

right now with P3dv4 running nothing happens when depressing shift and any numerical key . yet the CTRL E still works. Also I noticed in P3d\Options\Key Assignments that Shift 1 through 9 reflects a Panel/Window show hide.

Don't know what more I can do perhaps get someone who knows more about this than I do. 

Thanks for your time and patience 

10 hours ago, oldandgray said:

ave found in P3d a number of FSUIPC dll's and PDF's but nowhere can I find a FSUIPC6.ini or .log folder or file.

Your log and ini files will be in the same folder as the FSUIPC6.dll. As I said:

17 hours ago, John Dowson said:

If you cannot see the .log and/or .ini files, you have explorer configured to hide known file types. Change your explorer options so that you can see the correct file extensions (consult the appendix in the installation manual if you do not know how to do this). 

10 hours ago, oldandgray said:

right now with P3dv4 running nothing happens when depressing shift and any numerical key

Check if you have numlock on or off - this will affect what is being sent when using the numeric keys.

John

40 minutes ago, oldandgray said:

Show Hidden files is checked. Num lock is off. Still no ini or log files.

Where have you installed FSUIPC? If you have installed in a windows protected folder, such as under Documents or Program Files, then re-install under a different location.
There must be an ini and log somewhere, or FSUIPC will not function as expected. Try re-installing in a different location.

I really cannot help you without seeing these files, and they must be in the same location as the FSUIPC6.dll, the FSUIPC6 installation folder.

John

10 minutes ago, oldandgray said:

FSUIPC6 is currently installed in the main folder P3d. I am going to uninstall now.

Depending where that is, it shouldn't be a problem. But always better to install in a different location.

The log and ini files will be in the same location as the FSUIPC6.dll. There is nothing more I can say on this issue... If you still can't find those files, show me your InstallFSUIPC6.log file. That will also be in the same location....

John

I uninstalled FSUIPC 6 from P3d, Did a repair to P3d, now I see the FSUIPC6.ini in P3d with a date  1/29/22 also FSUIPC6.dll dated 7/9/20 and .key dated 10/9/20. These are in the main P3d Folder even though I uninstalled FSUIPC6 and have not reinstalled it yet. There is no log . 

Now I would like to reinstall FSUIPC6 and need to know which boxes to check. add-on.xml, FSUIPC6, FSUIPC6 Documentation, Extras.  I notice that if add-on is checked then FSUIPC cannot be checked. 

16 hours ago, oldandgray said:

I see the FSUIPC6.ini in P3d with a date  1/29/22 also FSUIPC6.dll dated 7/9/20 and .key dated 10/9/20. These are in the main P3d Folder even though I uninstalled FSUIPC6 and have not reinstalled it yet. There is no log . 

The log file would have been in the same place, but it was removed when you uninstalled FSUIPC6. However, the FSUIPC6.dll should also have been removed when you uninstalled - the .key and .ini files are not removed when you uninstall, as these are needed if/when you re-install. Not sure what is happening in your case, but the uninstall log should tell you what files were removed.

Now I would like to reinstall FSUIPC6 and need to know which boxes to check. add-on.xml, FSUIPC6, FSUIPC6 Documentation, Extras.  

Check which options you want to install. If you are not sure, just install everything, i.e. leave the defaults.

I notice that if add-on is checked then FSUIPC cannot be checked. 

This is not the case. The FSUIPC6 option is always checked and grayed-out - you cannot uncheck this.

Please see the Installing and Registering FSUIPC.pdf for details on the installation process.

Once you have installed (choose a non-windows protected folder outside of your P3D installation folder), copy/move your FSUIPC6.key and FSUIPC6.ini files to the new FSUIPC6 installation folder. You can skip registration when you install.

John

John, I just noticed that the reinstall of FSUIPC6 is not Registered, (my bad not understanding the requirement to provide my information) It asks for the key which I have in the P3d folder but when I try to move or copy it to the registration form it does not work.  Is the key file in P3D the key that I need for the registration or is there another key that I need to use.

7 minutes ago, oldandgray said:

Is the key file in P3D the key that I need for the registration or is there another key that I need to use.

Just copy the FSUIPC6.key file to your new installation folder. No need to re-register. Registration just creates that key file. Also copy you FSUIPC6.ini file (and any .mcro, .lua or .dll files that you may use) if you have any previous assignments in FSUIPC - that is where they are stored.

John