Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

Help Help Help TCA Boeing Throttle Quadrant


Recommended Posts

Hi, everyone !
I've searched the forum many times now. I've also looked at other forums, but maybe I'm just too stupid. Please help me !
I bought the TCA Boeing Yoke and Throttle Quadrant about a month ago. With FSUIPC I then managed to program almost everything. Whether landing gear, reverse or other buttons ... everything works perfectly.
Only the button on the Boeing Throttle Quadrant gives me gray hair.
The button has 3 positions. IAS/Mach, HDG/TRK and ALTITUDE.
In the middle there is a SEL button that I can press and turn to the left and right.
This "Multiple" button is supposed to be for operating the autopilot, but how do I program it?
I found so many guides but nothing worked.
Please .... can someone help me and write me a "step by step" guide?
Thank you so much for your help.
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Pilot1435 said:

The button has 3 positions. IAS/Mach, HDG/TRK and ALTITUDE. In the middle there is a SEL button that I can press and turn to the left and right.
In the middle there is a SEL button that I can press and turn to the left and right.

So, the 3-position button should indicate what the middle SEL button does. So, you should program the SEL button for one function, eg. for altitude you would assign the left/right buttons to Ap Alt Var Inc/Dec. Then, comment out these assignments, and then assign to the second function, HDG/TRK, by assigning to the Heading Bug Inc/Dec controls. Again, comment out these assignments when done, and then assign to the third function, IAS/Mach, by assigning to Ap Spd Var Inc/Dec. Once you have assigned all three, you can edit your FSUIPC ini file to add a Compound Button Condition on those assignments to the state/position of the 3-position button. See the Advanced User Guide on how to do this.

The controls I mentioned in the above are the default P3D controls for these functions. These may not work in all aircraft or the aircraft that you are using (you do not say!). It is up to you to determine what controls should be used for each function. If you are not sure, you can operate each function in the aircraft UI and see what events are logged - turn on logging for Events in FSUIPC and open the logging console and you can see what events are used when you activate these functions.

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey John!
Many thanks for your response.
Sorry, I forgot which plane it is.
It's about PMDG's 737 and 777.
Unfortunately there is no German manual for FSUIPC. I can speak a little English (it's enough for communication on vacation), but otherwise, like now, I use Google translator.
How do I have to assign something and where? I'm really overwhelmed with that. That's why I asked for a "step by step" instruction.
Please don't be angry, but I just don't understand what to do with your instruction.
Maybe you can describe it to me a little more precisely.
Many greetings

Michael
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Pilot1435 said:

It's about PMDG's 737 and 777.

For PMDG aircraft, you need to use PMDG custom controls and offsets for many things. Please see 

.

14 hours ago, Pilot1435 said:

That's why I asked for a "step by step" instruction. Please don't be angry, but I just don't understand what to do with your instruction. Maybe you can describe it to me a little more precisely.

No, sorry that is not possible. I provide user manuals so I do not have to do this. I do not have your hardware or any PMDG aircraft. FSUIPC is a tool and we provide instructions and help using this tool. I just dont have the time to provide step-by-step instructions for every FSUIPC user and for aircraft and controls, especially those that I do not have. I am currently spending all my time answering support questions, many of which have been either asked before or whose answers can be found in the provided manuals. This is currently preventing me from doing development in these products (i.e. keeping up with new FS releases, adding new features and improving the documentation). I really need to reduce the time I am spending in support, and cannot provide such detailed support for an individual user - if I did this there would be no end of requests and I would be spending all of my time setting-up other peoples systems.

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey John!
That was exactly what I was looking for. I was already on the right track, but didn't get any further with the exact method of calculation.
Alright, now I've programmed the "SEL" button for IAS/MACH, but what did you mean by factoring out?
I feel that I'm very close to the solution *smile*
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Pilot1435 said:

Alright, now I've programmed the "SEL" button for IAS/MACH, but what did you mean by factoring out?

Once you have one assignment to the buttons - all three (left rotate to decrease, right rotate to increase, push to select), you comment-out those assignment lines in your FSUIPC6.ini file. You do this by inserting a semi-colon (;) after the index number of the assignment. After doing this, reload your assignments for this to take affect. This will then allow you to assign for the second function, HDG/TRK. Once you have assigned for that, again comment out those assignment lines in your ini file, reload your assignments, and assign the third function, ALTITUDE. Once all are assigned, go back to editing your ini and uncomment the previous assignments (i.e. remove the semi-colons you previously added). Your buttons are then programmed for all three functions.

However, as you have multiple assignments on the same buttons, all will be sent at the same time. You then need to add a compound button condition, so that only the correct control is sent depending on the position of the selector switch.
This is what is described in the Advanced User manual under Compound Button Conditions. Basically you add a C to the beginning of the assignment (to indicate that it is a compound assignment), then you need to add details of which button the assignment depends on, in the format (+j2,b2) which means that button b2 on joystick j2 must be "on" for the assignment to take effect. Your selector knob will have three buttons associated to it, with only one being active/on at any time.

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Hey John!
To get straight to the point: I finally made it!
I did everything as you described, but I couldn't find the Advance user manual. In the FSUIPC file there is only one file 
with the name: FSUIPC for Programmers.pdf.
However. I then googled a bit and tried it. For example that I have to omit the letter in the equation. Instead of P1 I 
only need to write the 1 with the associated button.
My ini file now looks like this:

11=CP(+1,11)1,16,C70014,536870912 ;536870912     -{Custom control: <70014>}-
12=CP(+1,11)1,15,C70016,16384 ;-2147483648     -{Custom control: <70016>}-
13=CP(+1,11)1,14,C70016,8192 ;536870912     -{Custom control: <70016>}-
14=CP(+1,12)1,16,C70024,536870912 ;536870912     -{Custom control: <70024>}-
15=CP(+1,12)1,15,C70022,16384 ;-2147483648     -{Custom control: <70022>}-
16=CP(+1,12)1,14,C70022,8192 ;536870912     -{Custom control: <70022>}-
17=CP(+1,13)1,16,C70517,536870912 ;536870912     -{Custom control: <70517>}-
18=CP(+1,13)1,15,C70032,16384 ;-2147483648     -{Custom control: <70032>}-
19=CP(+1,13)1,14,C70032,8192 ;536870912     -{Custom control: <70032>}-

Thank you again. I've learned a lot in the last few days. Now I'll take a look at the individual profiles, because 
a 737 is different from the 777.

Regards

Michael
Edited by Pilot1435
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Pilot1435 said:

I finally made it!

Good to hear!

12 hours ago, Pilot1435 said:

I couldn't find the Advance user manual. In the FSUIPC file there is only one file with the name: FSUIPC for Programmers.pdf.

All your FSUIPC documents will be under your Windows Documents folder, in a subfolder called FSUIPC6. There should also be a link to this folder from your FSUIPC6 installation folder, but looks like that isn't created any more. Not sure why - I will take a look and fix that. I am sure the manuals can help you, so do try to find them.  They are also available as a separate download, but these will not be as up-to-date as the ones installed by the installer. See 

.

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 1/30/2022 at 2:21 PM, John Dowson said:

So, the 3-position button should indicate what the middle SEL button does. So, you should program the SEL button for one function, eg. for altitude you would assign the left/right buttons to Ap Alt Var Inc/Dec. Then, comment out these assignments, and then assign to the second function, HDG/TRK, by assigning to the Heading Bug Inc/Dec controls. Again, comment out these assignments when done, and then assign to the third function, IAS/Mach, by assigning to Ap Spd Var Inc/Dec. Once you have assigned all three, you can edit your FSUIPC ini file to add a Compound Button Condition on those assignments to the state/position of the 3-position button. See the Advanced User Guide on how to do this.

The controls I mentioned in the above are the default P3D controls for these functions. These may not work in all aircraft or the aircraft that you are using (you do not say!). It is up to you to determine what controls should be used for each function. If you are not sure, you can operate each function in the aircraft UI and see what events are logged - turn on logging for Events in FSUIPC and open the logging console and you can see what events are used when you activate these functions.

John

Hay John,

When i try to assign seperatly like you wrote, it makes nothing in the sim. Do you have any idia why?

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-12 at 19.56.54.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ShahafR said:

When i try to assign seperatly like you wrote, it makes nothing in the sim. Do you have any idia why?

Sorry but I have no idea what you mean... and DONT attach screenshots - explain what you are trying to do, what your issue is, an attach your FSUIPC log and ini files.

If using the PMDG 737, be aware that many of the standard controls do not work. You need to use the custom controls provided by the PMDG SDK. See 

 

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Sorry but I have no idea what you mean... and DONT attach screenshots - explain what you are trying to do, what your issue is, an attach your FSUIPC log and ini files.

If using the PMDG 737, be aware that many of the standard controls do not work. You need to use the custom controls provided by the PMDG SDK. See 

 

John

Thank you for the replay. I cannot understand from this toppic how to set my SEL bottom. my FSUIPC.ini controls are like this:

[Buttons.PMDG737]
0=R1,4,C65966,0     -{THROTTLE1_DECR}-
1=U1,4,C65967,0     -{THROTTLE1_CUT}-
2=R1,5,C65971,0     -{THROTTLE2_DECR}-
3=U1,5,C65972,0     -{THROTTLE2_CUT}-
34=P2,0,C65792,1     -{AUTOPILOT_ON}-
35=U2,0,C65791,0     -{AUTOPILOT_OFF}-
36=P2,17,C66079,0     -{GEAR_UP}-
37=U2,17,C66080,0     -{GEAR_DOWN}-
38=P1,15,C65892,0     -{AP_ALT_VAR_INC}-
41=R1,14,C65893,0     -{AP_ALT_VAR_DEC}-
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do not have the PMDG 737 so cannot advice how to set this up. Most probably the AP_ALT_VAR_INC and AP_ALT_VAR_DEC controls do not work for that aircraft. Read that topic I referenced on how to use PMDG custom controls, then take a look at the PMDG header file for the aircraft you are using and see if there are any custom controls that you can use instead and assign to them (following that tutorial).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cannot seee any control like AP_ALT_VAR_INC here: 

// MCP
//
#define    EVT_MCP_COURSE_SELECTOR_L                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 376)    
#define    EVT_MCP_FD_SWITCH_L                        (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 378)    
#define    EVT_MCP_AT_ARM_SWITCH                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 380)    
#define    EVT_MCP_N1_SWITCH                        (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 381)    
#define    EVT_MCP_SPEED_SWITCH                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 382)    
#define    EVT_MCP_CO_SWITCH                        (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 383)    
#define    EVT_MCP_SPEED_SELECTOR                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 384)    
#define    EVT_MCP_VNAV_SWITCH                        (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 386)    
#define    EVT_MCP_SPD_INTV_SWITCH                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 387)
#define    EVT_MCP_BANK_ANGLE_SELECTOR                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 389)    
#define    EVT_MCP_HEADING_SELECTOR                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 390)
#define    EVT_MCP_LVL_CHG_SWITCH                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 391)    
#define    EVT_MCP_HDG_SEL_SWITCH                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 392)    
#define    EVT_MCP_APP_SWITCH                        (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 393)    
#define    EVT_MCP_ALT_HOLD_SWITCH                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 394)    
#define    EVT_MCP_VS_SWITCH                        (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 395)    
#define    EVT_MCP_VOR_LOC_SWITCH                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 396)    
#define    EVT_MCP_LNAV_SWITCH                        (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 397)
#define    EVT_MCP_ALTITUDE_SELECTOR                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 400)    
#define    EVT_MCP_VS_SELECTOR                        (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 401)
#define    EVT_MCP_CMD_A_SWITCH                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 402)
#define    EVT_MCP_CMD_B_SWITCH                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 403)
#define    EVT_MCP_CWS_A_SWITCH                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 404)
#define    EVT_MCP_CWS_B_SWITCH                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 405)
#define    EVT_MCP_DISENGAGE_BAR                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 406)
#define    EVT_MCP_FD_SWITCH_R                        (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 407)    
#define    EVT_MCP_COURSE_SELECTOR_R                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 409)    
#define    EVT_MCP_ALT_INTV_SWITCH                    (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 885)    

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ShahafR said:

Yes!! but the altitude increace and decrease by 500 feet...why?

I guess that's just how the aircraft is programmed. If you click that control in the cockpit with the mouse it probably increases and decreases by 500 ft. 

Maybe some other mouse action is used for smaller or larger increments? Try

MOUSE_FLAG_RIGHTDRAG 	0x02000000
MOUSE_FLAG_LEFTDRAG 	0x00800000
MOUSE_FLAG_WHEEL_UP	0x00004000
MOUSE_FLAG_WHEEL_DOWN	0x00002000

Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ShahafR said:

How do i set the SEL switch to select?

I don't know, as I say I don't have the aircraft. Have you tried one of the control ending in _SELECTOR, like EVT_MCP_ALTITUDE_SELECTOR?

Like all the other controls you need to tell it what kind of mouse click you want to do on this switch,

Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/31/2022 at 4:59 PM, John Dowson said:

Once you have one assignment to the buttons - all three (left rotate to decrease, right rotate to increase, push to select), you comment-out those assignment lines in your FSUIPC6.ini file. You do this by inserting a semi-colon (;) after the index number of the assignment. After doing this, reload your assignments for this to take affect. This will then allow you to assign for the second function, HDG/TRK. Once you have assigned for that, again comment out those assignment lines in your ini file, reload your assignments, and assign the third function, ALTITUDE. Once all are assigned, go back to editing your ini and uncomment the previous assignments (i.e. remove the semi-colons you previously added). Your buttons are then programmed for all three functions.

However, as you have multiple assignments on the same buttons, all will be sent at the same time. You then need to add a compound button condition, so that only the correct control is sent depending on the position of the selector switch.
This is what is described in the Advanced User manual under Compound Button Conditions. Basically you add a C to the beginning of the assignment (to indicate that it is a compound assignment), then you need to add details of which button the assignment depends on, in the format (+j2,b2) which means that button b2 on joystick j2 must be "on" for the assignment to take effect. Your selector knob will have three buttons associated to it, with only one being active/on at any time.

John

Can you give me an example how it should look?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ShahafR said:

The EVT_MCP_ALTITUDE_SELECTOR works perfect for the altitude! but how do I manage the sim to know when the switch is on altitude and when it is on HDG?

You need to add a compound button condition, which allows for different controls to be sent when a button is pressed depending on the state of another button. See page 21 of the Advanced User manual. It is not that difficult - please read the document and try it before posting for assistance.

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.