The simFlight Network Forums

Macro and Control setting lost with update FSUIPC6

Hello,

I have upgraded my FSUIPC to version 6 for my P3Dv4.5. 

I discovered that my macros and controllers settings were not transferred to the new FSUIPC. I tried to modify the FSUIPC6.ini file but my sim crashed. So I reverted to initial ini file.

Is there a way to recover the macro and control setting that was existing in the version 5: And if yes, how to do it please...

Thanks

Bruno

5 hours ago, Braudoux said:

I discovered that my macros and controllers settings were not transferred to the new FSUIPC. I tried to modify the FSUIPC6.ini file but my sim crashed. So I reverted to initial ini file.

Is there a way to recover the macro and control setting that was existing in the version 5: And if yes, how to do it please...

You just need to copy your FSUIPC5.ini to your FSUIPC6 installation folder and rename it to FSUIPC6.ini, and copy across your *.mcro files (as well as any *.lua or *.dll files that you use) and everything should be ok. What exactly did you do?

Can you please show me your FSUIPC6.ini and FSUIPC6.log files, and also your FSUIPC5.ini if you still have it.

John

3 minutes ago, Braudoux said:

Here they are

Your FSUIPC6.ini has no assignments at all, as you reverted to a default ini.

Just copy your FSUIPC5.ini to your FSUIPC6 installation folder, rename it to FSUIPC6.ini and you should be ok.

Also, please use the JoyLetters facility, by setting this in your [JoyNames] section:
    AutoAssignLetters=Yes
This will prevent issues if windows decides to change the ids assigned to your devices, which it can do on updates.

John