The simFlight Network Forums

[SOLVED] Motorized TQ

Hi

I'm motorizing a TQ with a MEGA 2065 and  Mobiflight software..
I have a problem with offsets, but reading endless forum pages on this topic. I found that I was putting the wrong Offset.

my project is to motorize a non-motorized TQ, with servomotors, as installing the motors would complicate the structure of the TQ too much.

Regarding the offsets, initially I did not understand how they were configured then reading the various posts I understood how it works ... as well as finding the file where you can find all the FSUIPC OFFSETs. which I am attaching here:
OFFSET FSUIPC

these are the OffSet settings:

Throttle 1 0x088C from –4096 to +16384
Throttle 2 0x0924 from –4096 to +16384

Spoilers arm 0x0BCC 4 (0 = off, 1 = arm for auto deployment)
Spoilers control 0x0BD0, 0 off, 4800 arm, then 5620 (7%) to 16383
(100% fully deployed).
The 4800 value is set by arming. Values from 0 to somewhere
close to, but below, 4800 do nothing. The percentage extension
is the proportion of the distance in the range 4800 to 16383, even
though values 4800 to 5619 cannot be used — 7% seems to be the
minimum.

unfortunately it does not work ... the lever of the spoiler does not move when I touch the ground ... and when I accelerate it does not come back ... where am I wrong?

regards

max

3 hours ago, masmaz said:

unfortunately it does not work ... the lever of the spoiler does not move when I touch the ground ... and when I accelerate it does not come back ... where am I wrong?

What aircraft and P3D version are you using? Are the spoilers actually armed in the aircraft, and do they move in the UI when you land? i.e. is the problem that the spoilers are not actually armed, or are they working in the aircraft but its just the spoiler lever not moving to reflect the spoiler position? Have you tried monitoring offset 0x0BD0 (and maybe 0x0BCC) to see if the values change?

John

hi, John,
I use P3D v5 hf2 and I use his airplane 737 version 1.56
yes the spoilers of the plane are raised and the lever that does not move ...

i tried with offset 0x0BD0 and 0x0BCC but also Offset $ 0366 since I used SIOC before and with it it worked with this offset
but nothing to do ...

max

7 minutes ago, masmaz said:

I use his airplane version 1.56

What airplane?

yes the spoilers of the plane are raised and the lever that does not move ...

So the spoilers are working as expected, and it is just that your spoiler lever doesn't move?

i tried with offset 0x0BD0 and 0x0BCC but also Offset $ 0366

Tried what? Did you log the values of off set 0x0BD0, and if so do they reflect the correct spoiler position? Or are you saying the values in that offset don't reflect the correct spoiler position? 0x0366 is the on-ground flag...

I used SIOC before and with it it worked with this offset

So what is the difference now - a different aircraft?

Again, have you tried monitoring offset 0x0BD0 to check that the values in that offset are changing? If they are, then the problem must be in sending those values to the TQ.

Not sure why you are attaching pictures of the spoiler arm offset...this is working, no? i.e. the spoilers are armed and activate on touch-down. It is just the spoiler movement that is not being reflected on your spoiler lever. Presumably that is driven by offset 0x0BD0, no? So why  don't you try monitoring that offset to see if the values change when you touch down? 

thank you very much for your help ...

Again, have you tried monitoring offset 0x0BD0 to check that the values in that offset are changing? If they are, then the problem must be in sending those values to the TQ.

honestly, I'm not understanding anything anymore ... on the other hand I'm translating with google so he translates many things in his own way and that's why I don't understand ...

I tried all the possible and imaginable offsets ... the lever when in ARM does not move when it touches the ground, but the spoilers on the plane rise, obviously if I move the lever manually the spoilers rise ... but not automatically ...

I have attached the images to show you the configuration ... then I don't know if you know mobiflight ...

values do not change ...

3 minutes ago, masmaz said:

I have attached the images to show you the configuration.. then I don't know if you know mobiflight ...

I know about MobiFlight but do not use it. If your problem is with MobiFlight, have you tried their support? Your image also only shows offset 0x0BCC, the spoiler arm flag. But this is working, as far as I can tell, i.e. the spoilers are activated when you land. Your issue seems to be that this is not reflected in the movement of your lever, if I am understanding you correctly, so is with offset 0x0BD0 and not 0x0BCC.

6 minutes ago, masmaz said:

values do not change ...

What vales? In offset 0x0BD0? If that isn't changing, then that will be your issue...maybe ProSim isn't using the SPOILERS HANDLE POSITION simvar, which is what that offset holds. If that is changing, then the issue will be with whatever software you are using to use that value to drive the motorized spoiler lever. If it isn't changing, you need to ask ProSim what drives the spoilers handle and use that instead.

"What vales? In offset 0x0BD0? "

yes i used this value, yes i know this is a big problem... 
I wrote on the forum prosim see if someone answers me ...
on prosim I configured them normally via the USB board of the potentiometers ... I had to put the values of the Arduino? or FSUIPC?

if yes how?

16 hours ago, masmaz said:

on prosim I configured them normally via the USB board of the potentiometers ... I had to put the values of the Arduino? or FSUIPC?

if yes how?

Sorry, I have no idea - I do not use ProSim or Arduino.

16 hours ago, masmaz said:

"What vales? In offset 0x0BD0? "

yes i used this value, yes i know this is a big problem... 

What happens when you manually activate the spoilers - does this work? If so, how is that assigned? And does that change the values in offset 0x0BD0?

16 minutes ago, masmaz said:

yes if you move the lever it moves everything on the plane….

Then how is this working - how have you configured this? Are you using an offset or an (axis) event/control?

You say this worked fine with a different TQ. Was the offset changing with that throttle?

I think you need help with this from either ProSim or MobiFlight. As I don't use either, I cannot advise on how to set this up.

John

hi,

finally they work correctly moving the throttles the servos move... activating TOGA the servos move following the engine revs.... only the problem of the servo lock in manual mode remains...
in practice, in addition to the normal configuration that is done through the "Analog Input", add a second configuration in "Servo Output" by entering FSUIPC 8 bit U and in the box next to it the OffSet reference 0x0000.0

the only problem is that once the autopilot is disconnected the servos are still live, locked, as if the autopilot was always on, I tried disconnecting the voltage but nothing... only by disconnecting the servo signal cable they are free for manual movement...
I need to figure out how to do this...

any ideas?

23 hours ago, masmaz said:

in practice, in addition to the normal configuration that is done through the "Analog Input", add a second configuration in "Servo Output" by entering FSUIPC 8 bit U and in the box next to it the OffSet reference 0x0000.0

I don't understand this... you cannot use offset 0x0000, and 0x0000.0 doesn't make any sense...and what is 'Servo Output'?

23 hours ago, masmaz said:

the only problem is that once the autopilot is disconnected the servos are still live, locked, as if the autopilot was always on, I tried disconnecting the voltage but nothing... only by disconnecting the servo signal cable they are free for manual movement...
I need to figure out how to do this...

any ideas?

No, as I don't understand what the issue is....what are 'servos'? 
If you think your issue is with FSUIPC, then I need to see your FSUIPC log and ini files. as well as a description that I can make sense of...You seem to be using various components that I am not familiar with...

John

I don't understand this... you cannot use offset 0x0000, and 0x0000.0 doesn't make any sense...and what is 'Servo Output'?

no it was an example    prosim configuration 

No, as I don't understand what the issue is....what are 'servos'? 
If you think your issue is with FSUIPC, then I need to see your FSUIPC log and ini files. as well as a description that I can make sense of...You seem to be using various components that I am not familiar with...

my problem was to connect the servos (servomotors) with prosim via FSUIPC offsets and finally i succeeded, problem solved... with Arduino + Mobiflight + Prosim738 now my TQ is motorized... the throttle levers move fine 

but I haven't solved the last problem: once I disconnect the autopilot, the servomotors always remain active, they always remain energized and so I can't move the throttle levers in manual mode... I think I will need a relay to disconnect the signal.

Max

18 minutes ago, masmaz said:

no it was an example    prosim configuration 

Ok, but that image shows you using 0x66D0, which is an

offset free for general use (and not 0x000), which is fine...

my problem was to connect the servos (servomotors) with prosim via FSUIPC offsets and finally i succeeded, problem solved... with Arduino + Mobiflight + Prosim738 now my TQ is motorized... the throttle levers move fine 

Ok, glad that is now solved.

but I haven't solved the last problem: once I disconnect the autopilot, the servomotors always remain active, they always remain energized and so I can't move the throttle levers in manual mode... I think I will need a relay to disconnect the signal.

I understand the issue but cannot really advise on this. You could maybe ask about this over on cockpitbuilders.com. Sounds like the same issue posted in this thread (but unfortunately no solution): https://www.cockpitbuilders.com/index.php?topic=2412.msg18528#msg18528 and https://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17573

John

Hi,
After 3 weeks of intensive work to motorize a TQ I finally succeeded.
It's a topic that has been covered by many people but no one has ever posted the solution, I don't know if it's because they didn't succeed or because they kept it to themselves. 
I chose to share it.
The main problem was to install the 3 servomotors for the 2 throttles and the BRK SPD inside a FlightSimPM TQ, the second and more difficult step was to connect the servomotors with an Arduino Mega board and configure it with Mobiflight + Prosim738.
It was not easy because there was the problem of blocking the servo as soon as it was connected to the MEGA, so it was necessary to add two relays that through a configuration on Mobiflight as if it was a led and on Prosim as if it was a solenoid you have the disconnection of the servomotor from the 5v or signal, being able to move the throttle lever in manual mode.
Below are the wiring and configuration diagrams.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15-ofn8SOHkSCiIbSuvhxZFPHCZ6DZmGp/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14inzPOyrgR-r_HMcAdga_g8U8aSmC5w4/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14jA3fXNCRF_W3NnnKLreegLwshUIOiwY/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14r5vMpsHQuImfzdKSGmb8KbD0A2wAPQ6/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14lE67xTxHW4IsTLdaK6MDeIQRAPQv12I/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ol_Wqmxj6WVt6uEc5MCO0PFDVwKBRxa/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

• masmaz changed the title to [SOLVED] Motorized TQ

Thanks for sharing. Could you possibly create a post in the User Contributions section and attach your wiring and configuration diagrams directly to the post rather than linking to a shared (google) drive? The problem with such link is they tend to not last that long. You can also reference this topic for further details.

Thanks and regards,

John