The simFlight Network Forums

2 actions with one button push

SAC002

I have searched the forum but could not find an answer...but I am sure it was asked before...:(

To start the Longitude, when we press the RUN button, 2 events occurs...Mixture1_set = 16384 and Turbine_Ignition_Switch_Set1 =1

How can i program these 2 events with one button push ?

Thanks

Dan

15 hours ago, SAC002 said:

How can i program these 2 events with one button push ?

The easiest way is to assign one event to button press and the other to button release.

However, the general mechanism to assign multiple actions to a button press is by editing the DSUIPC7.ini file. You do this as follows:
   - assign your button to the first control and press 'OK' to save the assignment. Then, open the button assignment panel again.
   - open your FSUIPC7.ini file in an editor (e.g. Notepad++). Find the assignment line you just added and comment it out. You do this
     by inserting a ';' after the '=' sign for that assignment. Save the file.
   - in the button assignment dialog, reload your button assignments. After doing this, you can then assign the second action to your button.
   - You can repeat this a smany times as you like, to add multiple assignments to the same button
   - Once you have all your assignments, open the button assignment panel again, go back to the editor and remove the ';' you previously
      added to re-activate these assignments and save.
   - Finally, reload your assignments from the button assignment panel.

You will now have multiple assignments to that button. Note that you will only see one assignment in the UI panel, and this will be grayed-out and not modifiable. You hanve to edit the ini manually if you want to change or remove these assignments.

15 hours ago, SAC002 said:

I have searched the forum but could not find an answer...but I am sure it was asked before...:(

Yes, many times, e,g, 

Also explained in the Advanced User guide, although it is not that clear from the description there. I will add a new section with clear instructions for this in the next update (not that many people actually consult the documentation....!)

John