The simFlight Network Forums

PFC quadrant Throttel 1 unstable MSFS 2020

angelfr

Since some weeks, my PFC (Precission Flight Controls) (Sim: MSFS 2020) quadrant have problems with the throttel number 1. It suffer fluctuations with different planes. I tried to update the drivers and or reasign the throttel lever wihtout succeed. It was working fine it the past.  If it could be helpful, I noticed that is the 6th lever (Reverse axis) which is mixing his inputs with the throttel lever. The last has priority but the rev lever change the input very often.

I attach the FSUIPC7 y PFCcom64 ini files. Any sugestion will be apreciated

FSUIPC7.ini PFCcom64.ini

Edited by angelfr

13 hours ago, angelfr said:

Since some weeks, my PFC (Precission Flight Controls) (Sim: MSFS 2020) quadrant have problems with the throttel number 1. It suffer fluctuations with different planes.
 It was working fine it the past.

The software for the PFC hasn't changed, so what has changed on your system? If this is happening with no changes in software, then it must be a hardware problem.

You appear to have some odd assignments in FSUIPC for different aircraft Profiles: for example these oddities:

B747: Steering, Throttles1+2, 3+4: no reverse, no spoiler, no flaps
A320 FBW: only Prop1
Cessna jet & F-358: nothing
CRJ 1000: Spoiler, Throttle (=all throttles), Throttle2 (?!)

And for the Hawk T1 you've assigned Throttle1 and Radiator cooling flaps (only), and have calibrated the Spoiler (not assigned).

This is all a bit of a mess, with no consistency. AND you've not actually calibrated any of the axes you've assigned in FSUIPC.

You so seem to have calibrated in the PFC driver itself, but with a mix of assignments, some in FSUIPC and presumably the rest left to the PFC driver, it is not easily possible for use to point to exactly what you might have wrong (assuming it isn't a hardware problem, which seems more likely.

13 hours ago, angelfr said:

It suffer fluctuations with different planes.

Fluctuations are commonly caused by multiple assignments to the same control, causing conflicts.  For example, one such conflict is where you have the generic throttle assigned to one lever (so controlling all throttles) and throttle 2 assigned to another (the CRJ1000 assignments).

14 hours ago, angelfr said:

I noticed that is the 6th lever (Reverse axis) which is mixing his inputs with the throttel lever. The last has priority but the rev lever change the input very often.

The reverser is just a throttle sending -ve thrust numbers to the same throttle, so the main throttle should be at idle when using the reverser and vice versa. With a professional style quadrant this is assured by the design of the levers (the one attached to the other). With separate levers it is your job to use them correctly.

14 hours ago, angelfr said:

Any sugestion will be apreciated

First off, concentrate on getting things working properly on one aircraft. There's no way we can diagnose problems with such a complete mix, each aircraft having its own odd set of assignments and calibrations, mixed between FSUIPC and PFCcom. Try to keep everything in FSUIPC because that has the Profile facility whereas PFCcom only has a few paricular types. The latter is a lot simpler if you only fly one or two different aircraft types, but you have many different ones and profiles would be better because of that, but you need ot be more consistent in where you are assigning and especially calibrating.

So, select an aircraft, sort out your assignments and calibrations in FSUIPC, and test. If you still have problems then it might be possible for us to help you via logging or other methods.

Pete