The simFlight Network Forums

Spoiler configuration with Motorized TQ and MobiFlight

*** Moved from User Contributions sub-forum to main support forum ***

Hi, 

I'm using Mobiflight to configure my motorized TQ, unfortunately the spoilers don't work or better it's only the lever that doesn't move, in the offset configuration table for P3D, I found these 3:

0BCC 4 Spoiler arm (0=off, 1=arm for automatic deployment) 
0BD0 4 Spoilers control, 0 off, 4800 arm, then from 5620 (7%) to 16383 (100% fully deployed).
The 4800 value is set by the armour. Values from 0 to some
close, but less than 4800 do nothing. The percentage range
is the proportion of the distance in the range 4800 to 16383, although
although values from 4800 to 5619 cannot be used-7% seems to be the
minimum.
0336 Aircraft on ground flag (0=airbone, 1=on ground). Does not update in Slew mode

but this parameter: 0=off, 1=airbone for automatic deployment, how is it set?
for those who use mobiflight where is it set?

regards

max

Edited by John Dowson
Moved to main support forum

First, you posted in the User Contributions sub-forum. That is a forum for users to contribute solutions, lua scripts, how-to's, etc, and is not the place to request help. I have moved your post to the main support forum, where it belongs.

28 minutes ago, masmaz said:

0=off, 1=airbone for automatic deployment, how is it set?

This should be set when you arm your spoilers...i.e. whatever button/switch/axis position you are using on your controller for arming should change this offset (either directly or via the appropriate control).

28 minutes ago, masmaz said:

for those who use mobiflight where is it set?

i don't use MobiFlight so can't really help you with this. You may get help from other MF users if you had used an appropriate title...I will update this for you, but please remember to give your posts an appropriate title that can attract other users that may be able to help.

Maybe also see this post - the user who posted this may be able to help: 

John

• John Dowson changed the title to Spoiler configuration with Motorized TQ and MobiFlight
On 3/22/2022 at 11:40 AM, John Dowson said:

hi John, 
I have two questions for you, because I'm not clear on a few things.
the first one, in your table of offsets for P3D you put 3 offsets for the spoilers: 0366, 0BCC and 0BD0, out of what is written on the table itself, can you explain me exactly what these are for, what they do exactly?

I already have the second question, I'll ask it according to what you answer me...

I'm just asking because I've been trying for a week to move a lever, but I can't do it...., so first of all I'd like a clear explanation of these 3 offsets.

thank you very much

max

2 hours ago, masmaz said:

in your table of offsets for P3D you put 3 offsets for the spoilers: 0366, 0BCC and 0BD0, out of what is written on the table itself, can you explain me exactly what these are for, what they do exactly?

What further information do you need that is not in the offset documentation:

0366	2	Aircraft on ground flag (0=airborne, 1=on ground). Not updated in Slew mode.
0BCC	4	Spoilers arm (0=off, 1=arm for auto deployment)
0BD0	4	Spoilers control, 0 off, 4800 arm, then 5620 (7%) to 16383 (100% fully deployed).
		The 4800 value is set by arming. Values from 0 to somewhere
		close to, but below, 4800 do nothing. The percentage extension
		is the proportion of the distance in the range 4800 to 16383, even
		though values 4800 to 5619 cannot be used—7% seems to be the minimum

?

Also see offsets 0BD4 and 0BD8 for the individual spoiler positions (read-only), and offset 3412 for the spoiler input axis value. 

Try logging those offsets (using FSUIPC's logging facilities) to see how they change when you arm and/or manually activate the spoilers manually.

John

I can't get the spoiler lever to move correctly when the wheels touch the ground... in theory I get some signal from offset 0366, but not always... even though on the aircraft and the indicator on the EFIS the spoilers go up.
Would the numbers 2,4,4 be the Bytes?  Is that correct?

max

10 minutes ago, masmaz said:

I get some signal from offset 0366, but not always... even though on the aircraft and the indicator on the EFIS the spoilers go up.

But that is the on-ground flag, nothing to do with spoilers really (although of course the spoilers should be deployed if armed when you touch down).

12 minutes ago, masmaz said:

Would the numbers 2,4,4 be the Bytes?  Is that correct?

Yes - the size of the data held in the offset, in bytes.

John

32 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Try logging those offsets (using FSUIPC's logging facilities) to see how they change when you arm and/or manually activate the spoilers manually.

John

so I have to open FSUIPC and then in which TAB should I enter the offset? Axis assignments?

Sorry, what do you mean by "on-ground flag" because it's not quite right.... 

if that's not right then what offset would make the servo controlled spoiler lever move?

max

8 minutes ago, masmaz said:

so I have to open FSUIPC and then in which TAB should I enter the offset?

For logging, use the Logging tab (isn't that obvious?) - offset logging is on the right-hand side. Please see the FSIOPC User guide.

10 minutes ago, masmaz said:

Sorry, what do you mean by "on-ground flag" because it's not quite right.... 

What do you mean? Isn't the meaning obvious and as documented? 0x0366 will contain 0 when in the air and 1 when the aircraft is on the ground (slew mode excluded), just as documented.

13 minutes ago, masmaz said:

if that's not right then what offset would make the servo controlled spoiler lever move?

Offset 0x0BD0....

5 minutes ago, masmaz said:

3412 2 Spoiler Axis input value, post calibration, just before being applied to the simulation (if allowed to by the byte at offset

341A). Copy this to 0BD0 for normal spoiler action.

Why are you quoting the documentation?

Try monitoring offset 0x0BD0 and 0x0BCC.

Offsets 0x0BCC and 0x0BD0 are both 4 bytes, so you need to select U32 for the logging on both of these offsets. Also, you need to select an option for where to log - check the 'Normal log file' check-box to get them logged to the log file (and console).

And please do not post screenshots of your logging console. If you want me to look at your log, attach it - and don't post continuation logs when posting for support, I always need to see the full log.

That is a continuation log - I said I need to see the full log. If its too big to upload, zip it.

And there is no point in posting log files if I don't know what I am looking for...please at least provide some sort of description of what you did, and some indication of what you think is wrong if possible. And I still don't even know which aircraft you are using or which version of FSUIPC6 - a full log file would tell me this...

John

the simulator is p3d the plane is prosim's 738, the FSUIPC version is 6.7.1, you already know what I did before with the throttle ... and now with the spoiler the problem is the spoiler that doesn't move the plane when the wheels touch the ground .. currently I have configured the spoiler with offset 0BD0 ... but I have not tried if it works ...

fsuipc_log.zip

max

1 minute ago, masmaz said:

the plane is prosim's 738

Ok, then that complicates things quite a bit as ProSim aircraft use their own implementation for a lot of things and lot of the standard P3D controls/simvars don't work, although I would have thought that the standard controls/simvars for spoilers would be implemented. Also, the version of ProSim would be useful as I've heard things have changed quite a bit in the more recent releases (but that may be for the 737...)...

4 minutes ago, masmaz said:

but I have not tried if it works ...

Then why are you sending me logs? What am I supposed to do with that?

What I am suggesting you to try is to monitor the spoiler offsets (0BCC and 0BD0, and maybe 0BD4 and 0BD8). Turn other logging off for now. Then see how the data in those offsets change when you arm, and then when you touch-down. If these offsets are working, then you should see 0BCC change from 0 (off) to 1 (arm) and offset 0BD0 set to 4800 when you arm, and on touch-down you should then see offset 0BD0 gradually increase from 4800 to 16383.

Try that - no need to post logs, just tell me what you see. If those offsets change as expected, then you should be able to use those. If not, maybe ProSim doesn't use these....I don't use ProSim so I cannot check that here.

John

I gave you the log because you asked me ... sorry I explained myself wrong hp made several devoid with these 3 offsets ... not knowing, I tried them at 2 bytes and not 4 bytes ... maybe that's why I don't they worked ... prosim has many updates every day for example today there were 4 but I had to go back because they gave me problems ... unfortunately every time it is so with prosim lately they release many updates and some with problems .... current version is 3.16b24. which means 24 beta of 3.16 from January I think ... today I had some problems because my router's IP changed .. suddenly .. at a certain point nothing was working anymore .. then the prosim updates that gave problems ... in the end I closed because he was tired ... tomorrow I'll do some tests ... thanks for now ...

max

Hi Max,

I asked Pete about this, as he also uses the Prosim 738 this is his reply:

I have no idea whether ProSim uses the default P3D spoiler mechanism, in which case the normal offsets should be okay, or whether it does it all itself and not touch the default one. I can check by monitoring those offsets next time I have the cockpit up and running – probably tomorrow. But the OP should be able to check that himself.

I don’t have a motorised speedbrake/spoiler lever, but I do have motorized trim, and had problems sorting that out. The trim offsets do change, but I had to map their values via a table in order to get my indicator to read the correct values.

If the spoiler offsets aren’t operating then he’ll need to ask ProSim support (which is really where he should have gone anyway). There must surely be some provisions made for motorized quadrants, but I don’t know what they are, sorry.

John

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, masmaz said:

I replied to write the solution since he succeeded... I think it's awaiting moderation...

Only the first post by a user requires moderator approval. I see no post of yours in that thread. The user in that thread is also using the Aerosoft A320, so it may not work with the ProSim 738. You can try posting again, and you can also notify the user by using the @<username> notation.

John

• Thanks 1