The simFlight Network Forums

FYI: FSUIPC might be incompatible with SU9 right now

Andreas Guther

Hello,

FYI right now FSUIPC seems to be incompatible with SU9 resulting into a CTD a few seconds after FSUIPC connects to the sim. It also happens without the LVAR module and other SimConnect connections work fine. So I guess there is some sort of access that the sim doesn't like anymore. Fingers crossed MS will fix this soon.

I'm not sure if others share the same experience...

Best,
Andreas

I can confirm this being an issue as well. When I launch without FSUIPC on, it goes fine until I manually run the FSIUPC7.exe.

Crash log:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.4.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.4.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000013f7198
Faulting process id: 0x3434
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8462f7b2573e6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: e1111188-affd-4474-bd71-c7ac6e4d19c4
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

MSFS Thread of people having same issues:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ctd-on-starting-the-sim/508288

Got the same crash too with the 1.25.4.0 SU9 Beta on startup

Here is the FSUIPC log file 

Currently  only workaround is to disable FSUIPC7 at all.

Seems to be a problem with SimConnect_CallDispatch

342875 Aircraft loaded: running normally now ...
   344797 Failed on SimConnect_CallDispatch for Traffic Message, return = 0xC000014B
   344797 Failed on SimConnect_CallDispatch for Message, return = 0xC000014B
   348281 MSFS no longer running - exiting

MSFS2020 starts without FSUIPC7 flawless.

FSUIPC7.log

I have to say this after every MSFS release...if MSFS crashes, it is an MSFS issue and should be reported to Asobo, not here.
Lots if people seem to be having issues with the latest release, some using FSUIPC7, others using SPAD.next or other simconnect clients.

From the CTD on starting the sim thread on the Asobo forums:

The Topic Author selected a solution that apparently has nothing to do with FSUIPC.

I recommend those of you who are still having trouble and seem to have isolated to FSUIPC to participate in this thread instead.

wave Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it. Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No Brief description of the issue: If I run spadnext at boot or after, it causes the sim to crash. Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered: Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered: Run spadnext at launch or whenever the sim is open. PC specs and/or peripheral s…

I suggest anyone experiencing this issue follow that advice and report to Asobo using that thread.

AI data has known to cause issues on previous updates. those experiencing this issue could also try with the following added to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file:
    ProvideAIdata=No
I am running with this and have had no issues. I will also try with this removed when i get a chance.

John

5 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I have to say this after every MSFS release...if MSFS crashes, it is an MSFS issue and should be reported to Asobo, not here.
Lots if people seem to be having issues with the latest release, some using FSUIPC7, others using SPAD.next or other simconnect clients.

The Topic Author selected a solution that apparently has nothing to do with FSUIPC.

I recommend those of you who are still having trouble and seem to have isolated to FSUIPC to participate in this thread instead.

wave Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it. Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No Brief description of the issue: If I run spadnext at boot or after, it causes the sim to crash. Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered: Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered: Run spadnext at launch or whenever the sim is open. PC specs and/or peripheral s…

I suggest anyone experiencing this issue follow that advice and report to Asobo using that thread.

AI data has known to cause issues on previous updates. those experiencing this issue could also try with the following added to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file:
    ProvideAIdata=No
I am running with this and have had no issues. I will also try with this removed when i get a chance.

John

This post was the most irresponsible post I have seen since I have been using FSUIPC for probably a decade now. I am very disappointed.
The reason why it was posted here is for awareness. So somebody can fix it or give guidance to fix it. No once was screaming for your name in these posts John. Any other community members might have had a solution too.

As for the advice on the MSFS forum page, it is clear that neither you or the mod on that forum took the time to read that post. The original poster put "solution" when they were simply still trying to find the issue. Sure he got it to work, and that was pointed out that he was not running these programs that were causing the crash.

Thank you for still providing a possible fix.

I hope to see a little more positive feedback next time there are issues, and people are not nagging and crying for you to come help. We just want to all make the sim a better and easier place to fly.

Got FSUIPC7 to work at flight, after I started it a Sim shows the ready to fly button. No error occurred until the moment I stopped the flight and want to go back to main menu.

MSFS2020 crashed.

Here is the FSUIPC7 log:

390 ### Note: AI Traffic related facilities and data are inhibited!
      390 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
     3265 Simulator detected
     8296 SimConnect_Open succeeded
     8296 Running in "KittyHawk", Version: 11.0.282174.999 (SimConnect: 11.0.62651.3)
     8296 MSFS version = 11.0.282174.999
     8343 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
     8343 Offset file 'C:\FSUIPC7\myOffsets.txt' not found (info only)
     8343 Maximum number of custom events available is 2048 (defined by ini parameter MaxNumberOfCustomEvents)
     8375 C:\Users\Games\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight\CustomFlight.FLT
     8375 SimObjects\Airplanes\bell 47\aircraft.CFG
     8375 User Aircraft ID 1 supplied, now being used
     8437 Aircraft loaded: running normally now ...
     9000 System time = 02/04/2022 17:48:36, Simulator time = 08:48:41 (15:48Z)
     9000 Maximum number of custom events available is 2048 (defined by ini parameter MaxNumberOfCustomEvents)
     9015 Aircraft="FlyInside B47G"
    16000 -------------------- Starting everything now ----------------------
   506203 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 498 secs = 25.4 fps
   506203 -------------------------------------------------------------------
   506203 User aircraft crashed!
   520890 E:\Program Files (x86)\SSD1\FS2020\Community\flyinside-bell47\SimObjects\Airplanes\bell 47\aircraft.CFG
   529343 Failed on SimConnect_CallDispatch for Message, return = 0xC000014B
   533390 MSFS no longer running - exiting
   533390 === Hot key unregistered

For me it seems the MSFS202 crash has something todo with the time FSUIPC7 start polling the SimConnect_CallDispatch.

@John Dowson is there any other hint for getting it to work? Maybe some longer startup delays?

The crash is a combination of FSUIPC7 and MSFS2020, only the use of both programs gives the crash, so both sides should take a look if they can find a solution.

MSFS2020 runs flawless without FSUIPC7, it runs if I start FSUIPC7 late, but crashes if it I go back to the main menu. So what is difference with SimConnect when not actual in flight?

FSUIPC7.log

• Like 1

FSUPIC still works when it will not load via the FSUIPC bat.

7 hours ago, John Dowson said:

ProvideAIdata=No

John

I was also able to get the sim working with FSUIPC after I loaded into the flight. Thank you for that advice in_04.
At least this friendly community advice helps us until a proper fix on either side is made. This post and forum worked as intended...
If we come together, and work together, it helps us solve problems. Pointing fingers doesn't help anyone.

The  ProvideAIdata=No  also did not change the crashing issues for me as well.

I will be looking forward to seeing a fix on either side and will be checking back from time to time. For now, we can fly with our custom controls and peripherals again.

Ok my current workaround is:

Set:

AutoConnectToSim=No

In the FSUIPC7 INI file, start as usual with EXE.xml, bat and so on.

After your in cockpit ready to fly, open FSUIPC and connect it to MSFS.

image.png.b2faee04e6ae969f01006035e60f2149.png

If you want to leave the cockpit, open FSUIPC again and disconnect from MSFS.

This works for me without any CTD 🙂

3 hours ago, in_04 said:

Ok my current workaround is:

Ok, thanks for providing your fix. So it seems that the current beta does not like simconnect connection requests when its in the main menu. Hopefully they will fix this before release, if not I will look into updating FSUIPC7 then to handle this. Unfortunately I don't have the resources to enroll in the beta program as I need to be on the official release version for support issues - unless there is an easy way to switch between the two versions?

John

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Ok, thanks for providing your fix. So it seems that the current beta does not like simconnect connection requests when its in the main menu. Hopefully they will fix this before release, if not I will look into updating FSUIPC7 then to handle this. Unfortunately I don't have the resources to enroll in the beta program as I need to be on the official release version for support issues - unless there is an easy way to switch between the two versions?

John

I would highly not recommend switching between the two versions. There is a somewhat easy way to do this, however many people have reported issues and had to do various things such as reinstall and more to get things fully back to stock standard. I have not kept up on the actual fix to that, it is a mess I am sure you would rather not go into.

We will be waiting patently for a fix, as it might be deeper than just the menu thing, but when asobo gives a response, I will try to update this thread if it is not already posted.
Thanks John and have a good rest of your weekend.

@John Dowson

Yes, clearly this is a sim issue. I’m sorry if that was left unclear in my first post. It was intended to inform others about a problem right now that has to be solved by MS.

It definitively also affects other applications trying to connect early. Interesting is that the SimvarWatcher seems not to cause the issue for unknown reasons.

I really hope MS delivers a patch soon.

15 hours ago, Andreas Guther said:

Yes, clearly this is a sim issue. I’m sorry if that was left unclear in my first post. It was intended to inform others about a problem right now that has to be solved by MS.

It definitively also affects other applications trying to connect early. Interesting is that the SimvarWatcher seems not to cause the issue for unknown reasons.

Yes - it was clear in the title but I didn't realise that you were using the beta in my first reply, sorry about that. I don't understand why this affects some SimConnect applications and not others. it may be related to specific SimConnect functions - FSUIPC uses a lot more of the API than many other programs, such as the SimcarWatcher.
But this is an MSFS issue - lets hope they fix thus un the next beta, or at least before the SU9 official release.

Thanks for reporting this. I don't use the beta but I monitor issues that could affect FSUIPC7 in release, such as this one. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

John

• Like 2

I have done the update now and MSFS has no CTD anymore, but I cant connect my addons by using FSUIPC.

This message pop up when I want to connect- this is happend with all addons using FSUIPC like ACARS, SLC, Airtool, 

Flightsimulator First Officer Next etc.

Anny help for this? I have dlete and install all again but no change

image.png.436b623786e92eaa051c2788cbe2c523.png

Edited by WoDo

9 hours ago, Travis1992 said:

I have not yet tested it, but Asobo has claimed a fix for the issues with FSUIPC and Simconnect.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/new-apr-5-2022-sim-update-9-beta-release-notes-1-25-5-0/509205

Ok, thanks for the update.

38 minutes ago, WoDo said:

I cant connect my addons by using FSUIPC.

This cannot be related to MSFS as it is not involved.

39 minutes ago, WoDo said:

This message pop up when I want to connect- this is happend with all addons using FSUIPC like ACARS, SLC, Airtool, Flightsimulator First Officer Next etc.

Error #12 indicates that the utility cannot connect to FSUIPC. If FSUIPC7 is running, check that you are running the addons at the same privilege level as FSUIPC7. That is, if running FSUIPC7 with admin privileges, then the add-ons must also be ran with admin privileges, and if running without admin privileges, then the addons should also run without admin privileges.

John

On 4/4/2022 at 11:20 AM, John Dowson said:

Yes - it was clear in the title but I didn't realise that you were using the beta in my first reply, sorry about that. I don't understand why this affects some SimConnect applications and not others. it may be related to specific SimConnect functions - FSUIPC uses a lot more of the API than many other programs, such as the SimcarWatcher.
But this is an MSFS issue - lets hope they fix thus un the next beta, or at least before the SU9 official release.

Thanks for reporting this. I don't use the beta but I monitor issues that could affect FSUIPC7 in release, such as this one. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

John

Always welcome John 🙂

Microsoft has solved the issue in the meantime and it works again!