The simFlight Network Forums

hvar

kingm56

Good evening, Mr. Dowson. 

I have a question pertaining to Hvars; specifically, what value does FSUIPC7 use to load Hvars?  I thought it could be offset 0x3500, but that doesn't appear to be correct.  In short, the headwind A330 shares the exact Hvarsas the FBW A320; I was hoping there was a configuration within FSUIPC to have FSUIPC load the a320 hvars when the Headwind A330 is loaded.  Thank you for the great customer service and always being there to answer my questions.  Truly appreciate you and your dad. 

Matt

Hi Matt,

5 hours ago, kingm56 said:

I have a question pertaining to Hvars; specifically, what value does FSUIPC7 use to load Hvars?  I thought it could be offset 0x3500, but that doesn't appear to be correct.  In short, the headwind A330 shares the exact Hvarsas the FBW A320; I was hoping there was a configuration within FSUIPC to have FSUIPC load the a320 hvars when the Headwind A330 is loaded.

By default, hvars are loaded based upon a substring match to the aircraft title, as logged in the FSUIPC7.log file and also held in offset 0x3D00. Copy and rename your A320 hvar file to be a substring match to the tile of your Headwind A330. It is possible to switch to matching on the aircraft folder name by setting the WASM ini parameter UseAirLocForHvars, which can provide better matching when using different version/liveries of the same aircraft - see the Advanced User guide for details.

John

John,

Worked like a charm; thank you! Any chance of including the Airbus A330-900neo.hvar file in your next build?  If not, it's not a big deal to simply copy the A320.hvar and rename.  Again, thank you for taking the time to help. 

Matt