The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 7.3.3 / WASM 0.5.8 Error

Scotfleiger

After installing FSUIPC7 7.3.3 I am getting at error referring to WASM 0.5.8 in fsuipc7.log.

[E] [ERROR]: **** The installed WASM version is 0.5.7 while the WAPI is expecting WASM version 0.5.8. Please update the WASM module as this may cause issues.

Should the new 0.5.8 have been included in latest release?

1 hour ago, Scotfleiger said:

Should the new 0.5.8 have been included in latest release?

It is - in the FSUIPC7 installer. This is the message I see (in the FSUIPC7.log):
   152703   [INFO]: **** Starting FSUIPC7 WASM Interface (WAPI) version 0.5.7 (WASM version 0.5.8)
Or are you installing the WASM from another package? If so, where - the one under the SDK folder or downloaded from www.fsuipc.com? I think I also update those but will check...

John

Is this your MSFS Community folder:
    C:\Users\andre\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\

?

If so, can you check the FSUIPC WASM manifest file:
    C:\Users\andre\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\fsuipc-lvar-module\modules\manifest.json

It should look like this:

{
  "dependencies": [],
  "content_type": "MISC",
  "title": "FSUIPC7 WASM Event Module",
  "manufacturer": "John L. Dowson",
  "creator": "John L. Dowson",
  "package_version": "0.5.8",
  "minimum_game_version": "12.13.0",
  "release_notes": {
    "neutral": {
      "LastUpdate": "11/04/2022",
      "OlderHistory": ""
    }
  }
}

If it doesn't look like that, try downloading 7.3.3 again and re-installing. Maybe I updated this after the initial release - was a while ago now and can't remember...

John

Hi John, the manifest.json showed that WASM 0.5.7 was installed. I downloaded and reinstalled FSUIPC 7.3.3 again and the manifest is unchanged.

{
  "dependencies": [],
  "content_type": "MISC",
  "title": "FSUIPC7 WASM Event Module",
  "manufacturer": "John L. Dowson",
  "creator": "John L. Dowson",
  "package_version": "0.5.7",
  "minimum_game_version": "12.13.0",
  "release_notes": {
    "neutral": {
      "LastUpdate": "07/02/2022",
      "OlderHistory": ""
    }
  }
}

The fsuipc_lvar_module in FSUIPC7 SDK is also showing WASM 0.5.7.

EDIT: I did a manual uninstall using of FSUIPC7 rather than as part of install and reinstalled. It is now showing 0.5.8. Of note, is that after uninstalling manually the installer placed FSUIPC7 in C:/FSUIPC7 not F:/FSUIPC7 where I normally have it. When I reverted to my F:/FSUIPC7, I am again getting reports that 0.5.7 is installed although the manifest.json is showing 0.5.8. Let me investigate further.

1 hour ago, Scotfleiger said:

Of note, is that after uninstalling manually the installer placed FSUIPC7 in C:/FSUIPC7 not F:/FSUIPC7 where I normally have it.

When you uninstall manually and then re-install, FSUIPC will default to the install location C:/FSUIPC7 as it has no knowledge of your previous installation (as you have uninstalled it!). When the installer uninstalls, it  remembers the location and will default to the previous installation location. Whenever you install, you should always check and set the installation location that you use.

I have no idea what caused your issue. From what you say, the installer does contain the correct version. The installer should also detect your current installation and then uninstall this, which should remove the WASM module and manifest file, as well as everything else (but just checked and it leaves a hvar file and so also the top-level fsuipc-lvar-modules folder and also the nodules folder under this - I will correct this in the next release). Maybe next time you install, after the installer has ran the uninstaller, check what you have left under your Community folder.

• Thanks 1