The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 737 MSFS offset & Events

1 hour ago, hermann said:

I think I will wait until inputs are possible too

They are, using the Rotor Brake control. Maybe easier to use the available Presets - you can easily search for the available input presets at https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets//

Attached is also a spreadsheet containing available rotor brake parameters that is available over on the PMDG support forums. I suspect this matches the preset list, although the latter would be more up-to-date. 

John

B737_Scripts_ROTORBRAKE.zip

10 hours ago, hermann said:

My problem is that i have a large program for motorized throttle and Autopilot written in SIOC-language. And there i use FSUIPC adresses. And some of these adresses are both in and out. 

Why is this a problem? If you have used this program for the PMDG 737 with FSX or P3D with FSUIPC4/5 or 6. then you should be able to update it to work with FSUIPC7 / MSFS.
The specific PMDG offsets have always been read-only. The change with the PMDG 737 from the FSX/P3D versions is switching from using distinct custom controls to  using the Rotor Brake control to implement custom controls.

John

On 7/13/2022 at 10:23 AM, John Dowson said:

The specific PMDG offsets have always been read-only.

Here are my offsets from FSX:

Var 0051, name IASpmdg, Link FSUIPC_IN, Offset $6220, Length 2
{
  CALL &IASaff
}

Var 0052, name hdgpmdg, Link FSUIPC_IN, Offset $622C, Length 2
{
  CALL &HDGaff
}

Var 0053, name ALTpmdg, Link FSUIPC_IN, Offset $622E, Length 2
{
  CALL &ALTaff
}

Var 0054, name VSpmdg, Link FSUIPC_IN, Offset $6230, Length 2
{
  CALL &VSaff
}

I remember that your father made a big secret about these offsets. But some clever guys found it out. 😉

I hope that we get the new ones in future.

Rgds Hermann

Those offset that you are using are in the offset area 6200 - 62FF which I have documented as:
   6200-62FF = PMDG projects (Lefteris Kalamaras) fixed [PT1]

So those offsets were allocated to a PMDG project many years ago, but they are NOT the official PMDG offsets that we populate - those are in offset areas 0x6420 (512 bytes) and 0x6C00 (256 bytes). See the FSX document Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf for a description of those offsets for FSX. For MSFS, those offsets have changed and are now documented in Offset Mapping for PMDG 737-700.pdf, which is available in the latest FSUIPC7 beta where the PMDG offsets are enabled and working.

1 hour ago, hermann said:

I remember that your father made a big secret about these offsets. But some clever guys found it out.

There is no secret, big or otherwise. The offsets were allocated, but we have no idea what they contain, They must be populated from some software by Lefteris Kalamaras, so you must be using some other software with FSX that is populating those offsets.

You need to determine what those offsets contain and have two choices:
  1. See if the software that populates those offsets is working with MSFS, and if so use that
  2. See what those offsets contain/were used for in FSX, and try to determine if there are corresponding offsets in the PMDG data area that you can use instead, and update your SIOC code to use the new offsets.

Lefteris Kalamaras is the owner/founder of FSLabs, although he previously worked with PMDG. I could possibly contact him about this offset area allocation, to find out what this data is and what populates/uses it.

John

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John Dowson said:

For MSFS, those offsets have changed and are now documented in Offset Mapping for PMDG 737-700.pdf, which is available in the latest FSUIPC7 beta where the PMDG offsets are enabled and working.

Ok, thanks, I already found these offsets. I can read all (HDG, SPEED, ALTITUDE etc.) but I cannot write to these. I would need to send the values from 4 rotary switches via FSUIPC, because the MCP I own has an USB interface and only the program (SIOC) from OpenCockpit can communicate with it.

I have no problem to read other rotary switches via Mobifligt and send it to PMDG 737. But Mobiflight cannot connect to the MCP from OpenCockpit. So I only can connect via FSUIPC.

Can I hope in near future, that you can send the missing offsets?

Brgds Hermann

On 7/14/2022 at 4:18 PM, hermann said:

Can I hope in near future, that you can send the missing offsets?

PMDG specific offsets are always (and will always be) read-only. To control, you need to use the provided Rotor Brake controls or presets. You can send these using the facility to send any control at offset 0x3110, or if using presets then offset 0x7C50 may be easier to use, as you can use the preset name directly rather than havung to calculate the control number.

John 

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2022 at 11:41 AM, John Dowson said:

You can send these using the facility to send any control at offset 0x3110, or if using presets then offset 0x7C50 may be easier to use, as you can use the preset name directly rather than havung to calculate the control number.

John 

I am unsure if i can use these offsets for Rotary Encoders too??

1 minute ago, hermann said:

I am unsure if i can use these offsets for Rotary Encoders too??

I don't see why not, but as you assign these with your SIOC software (and not in FSUIPC) I don't really know. If they are button-type rotary encoders, you should be able assign the buttons to send the appropriate control or preset using those offsets. Not sure how you would do this if they are axis-type encoders though...

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The free MSJOY from rksoftware can bind any PMDG Event

MSFSJoy is the ultimate joystick button utility for the PMDG 737 for MSFS airplane in MSFS.

Bind any PMDG 737 for MSFS airplane switch, knob or button to a joystick button. Now includes "Test Events" for more easy and correct bindings.

If you want, you can bind the complete airplanes setup from Cold and Dark to Takeoff to only one joystick button.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...